VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Kevinx's dealership got shafted? For a minute I thought they had been sold to RideNow of Ocala since I hadn't remembered them as being a Victory dealer......

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,850 Posts
It looks like someone at Corporate HQ needs a geography lesson as well as a new riding photo of the Florida landscape. Possibly a photo of riding near the water might be a bit more appropriate as, unless something has changed, Florida doesn't have a mountain range!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts

Just to add, Volusia Motorsports is SOUTH of Daytona in New Smyrna Beach, not as shown on map.
Just received another deliveryof New NESS pipe for Cross bikes - and they're selling FAST. Have three sets reserved for customers we met at Sanford Bikefest on Saturday!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
volusiamotorsports said:
Just to add, Volusia Motorsports is SOUTH of Daytona in New Smyrna Beach, not as shown on map.
Just received another deliveryof New NESS pipe for Cross bikes - and they're selling FAST. Have three sets reserved for customers we met at Sanford Bikefest on Saturday!
Driving off topic but you also need to check out the D&D pipes for the Cross bikes and see about stocking these too. Ness isn't the only aftermarket supplier out there.

http://www.danddexhaust.com/news/2010/09/2010_victory_cr.htm

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,229 Posts
mjw930 said:
Driving off topic but you also need to check out the D&D pipes for the Cross bikes and see about stocking these too. Ness isn't the only aftermarket supplier out there.

http://www.danddexhaust.com/news/2010/09/2010_victory_cr.htm

Just did a test and tune on those pipes for US Riders News yesterday. Pulled 89.7/108.4. The crossed 100FtLb at about 2300, and stayed up there till about 5000. Real nice curve. The build quality+fit and finish was excellent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
kevinx01 said:
TCB-1 said:
Isn't Kevin's in Jacksonville??
Nope..I'm in Gainesville. Vic rep says they listed the 6 closest, but PoG is closer then at least one of the stores listed, AND we are just off I75
Just out of curiousity, dont you have a different rep then all the dealers listed? Could that be why since you are not in Brandons territory?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
volusiamotorsports said:
Just to add, Volusia Motorsports is SOUTH of Daytona in New Smyrna Beach, not as shown on map.
Just received another deliveryof New NESS pipe for Cross bikes - and they're selling FAST. Have three sets reserved for customers we met at Sanford Bikefest on Saturday!
and here I thought you opened another dealership without telling me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,463 Posts

I must have missed what the big deal is about the demo truck. Most Victory dealers I have been to will letme demo ride anything I want any time I want. Same reason BMW doesn't have a demo truck... their dealers will let you ride whatever you want.
Victory didn't havea display at the Cycle World bike show either. My local dealer went ahead and put up a big display (the busiest display at the event and right next to the Harley display). Victory has skipped a lot of events. In my mind they should make more effort, but I guess they have their reasons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Half_Crazy said:
I must have missed what the big deal is about the demo truck. Most Victory dealers I have been to will letme demo ride anything I want any time I want. Same reason BMW doesn't have a demo truck... their dealers will let you ride whatever you want.
Victory didn't havea display at the Cycle World bike show either. My local dealer went ahead and put up a big display (the busiest display at the event and right next to the Harley display). Victory has skipped a lot of events. In my mind they should make more effort, but I guess they have their reasons.
The big deal is the demo events bring in riders that normally wouldn't even stop by a dealership. Although many dealers will let you ride most of what they have in stock it also puts them in a tough situation. Personally I won't buy a bike that's seen ANY demo service without some financial compensation so if they start letting everyone ride their rolling stock they end up with nothing but used bikes in their inventory. It's a catch 22 for the dealers. The demo truck brings all the models for everyone to ride and at least at my dealership they can directly map 10 sales to demo events that would have not been sales without the event.

The dealer is setting up a tent with bikes on display on Main St. aside from having as much happening at the dealership as possible to bring in people. What I think a lot of people here miss is the dealer WANTED the truck, BEGGED for the truck and was willing to PAY for the truck but Victory turned a deaf ear. THAT is the problem aside from corporate needing a geography lesson.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
mjw930 said:
Half_Crazy said:
I must have missed what the big deal is about the demo truck. Most Victory dealers I have been to will letme demo ride anything I want any time I want. Same reason BMW doesn't have a demo truck... their dealers will let you ride whatever you want.
Victory didn't havea display at the Cycle World bike show either. My local dealer went ahead and put up a big display (the busiest display at the event and right next to the Harley display). Victory has skipped a lot of events. In my mind they should make more effort, but I guess they have their reasons.
The big deal is the demo events bring in riders that normally wouldn't even stop by a dealership. Although many dealers will let you ride most of what they have in stock it also puts them in a tough situation. Personally I won't buy a bike that's seen ANY demo service without some financial compensation so if they start letting everyone ride their rolling stock they end up with nothing but used bikes in their inventory. It's a catch 22 for the dealers. The demo truck brings all the models for everyone to ride and at least at my dealership they can directly map 10 sales to demo events that would have not been sales without the event.

The dealer is setting up a tent with bikes on display on Main St. aside from having as much happening at the dealership as possible to bring in people. What I think a lot of people here miss is the dealer WANTED the truck, BEGGED for the truck and was willing to PAY for the truck but Victory turned a deaf ear. THAT is the problem aside from corporate needing a geography lesson.
Just to add the demo truck is very important to the Florida dealers this time of year. We are in the situation that our riding season has started and our dealer hasn't recieved all the new models yet. It would be nice to have all the 2011's on display.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top