VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
Call this guy... He has a ton in stock that nobody is buying and I cant say for sure but I bet he will give you the same price... Best part is we are supporting our dealer network...
But the shirts come with subtitles.
Shawn
Yes the do... I got one for Dean that says Victory.... Americas finest motorcycles... Now not to change the subject but wouldnt that have been a better slogan then Fuel It?
Anyway, I picked Dean up a couple of shirts and set them down when I was talking to Andy ( you know I have to listen to him and read at the same time) and I forgot to get myself some shirts! Damn, I have to go back tomorrow and buy at full price :-(

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I did my own slogan shirts a little over a year ago, and Andy asked me to remove them from here, since they were not made by Polaris/Victory. Has Andy changed his stance on this?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

NOEMTZ said:
I did my own slogan shirts a little over a year ago, and Andy asked me to remove them from here, since they were not made by Polaris/Victory. Has Andy changed his stance on this?
Not speaking for Andy here but just giving my opinion. You are not a dealer (atleast I dont think you are) and any use of the Victory logo could be considered a trademark infringment. A dealer has written permission in their dealer agreement to use the Victory logo for any advertisment and promotions. That is the only reason I could see Andy having a problem with your shirts.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

NOEMTZ said:
Thanks for your opinion.

But this is what I was talking about.
So this would infringe on trademark?
I would say yes because Vision Riders is Trade Marked also. Typically you need written permission from the holder of the Trade Mark. If you want I am meeting with my corp lawyer next week and could ask him for you.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread.......

Sure why not...couldn't hurt. Keep in mind, the design on the shirt is a complete slogan. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
NOEMTZ said:
My stance hasn't changed as I do my best to keep these forums from being littered with ads. Yes, I do respect the Trademarks of others, but I also have kept the stance of not wanting the Members and Visitors to this site to feel that someone is always trying to sell them something.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Andy said:
NOEMTZ said:
My stance hasn't changed as I do my best to keep these forums from being littered with ads. Yes, I do respect the Trademarks of others, but I also have kept the stance of not wanting the Members and Visitors to this site to feel that someone is always trying to sell them something.
Thanks Andy. I understand completely on the "being littered with ads".
I will always respect a site owners rules if I want to continue being a member or have access to their site.

As a rule, I have given members of all 7 Forums I belong to, a 10% - 20% discount on merchandise just because those sites let me post an item from time to time. You can view it as a membership perk I guess. Those that ask me to stop, well you get the picture.

As for the Trademarked stuff.....I will respect any trademark if it is within it's right. No questions asked. But if I am an old fart with attitude and I ride a vision....and I want to express that thought on a shirt.....I need to get it trademarked before I can use it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.