VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think they release the numbers of units sold or the most popular unit sold.

I am thinking (a very dangerous activity) that in the last few years the Kingpin was the biggest seller for Victory. I think some articles mentioned that over the years.

There appears to be a consistent interest in Vegas and Hammer but the KP being removed from the touring roles seems to have dropped in popularity. The JP is very limited in production so not considered and the Cross Roads seems to have little to no interest over the CC.

Now I am thinking the Vision may be the big leader. That too may be short lived if they accelerate production of the CC.

The Kingpin enjoyed a slot as a retro naked bike and as the touring bike when the TC was retired.

Now with 3 other touring bikes it makes me wonder how long it will have on the market before its removed from production.

I also wonder if they will keep the CR. It doesn't seem to be moving.

I may be wrong huh?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

It's fun to speculate!!
satxron said:
I don't think they release the numbers of units sold or the most popular unit sold.

I am thinking (a very dangerous activity) that in the last few years the Kingpin was the biggest seller for Victory. I think some articles mentioned that over the years.

There appears to be a consistent interest in Vegas and Hammer but the KP being removed from the touring roles seems to have dropped in popularity. The JP is very limited in production so not considered and the Cross Roads seems to have little to no interest over the CC.
It all depends on where you live. I am thinking they will not drop anything, Hammer maybe. The basic frame on the KP, JP, Vegas, Hammer are all the same. If they lower the base prices on the KP and Vegas, they should be the entry level bikes and sell a lot. The fat tire bikes are starting to go away.

Now I am thinking the Vision may be the big leader. That too may be short lived if they accelerate production of the CC.

Maybe, I think the X bikes have sold more Visions. TheVision is still a better bike IMO.

The Kingpin enjoyed a slot as a retro naked bike and as the touring bike when the TC was retired.

Now with 3 other touring bikes it makes me wonder how long it will have on the market before its removed from production.

I also wonder if they will keep the CR. It doesn't seem to be moving.
They should keep it, not everyone wants a faring.

I may be wrong huh?

It will be interesting. I think they will announce something new.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Our regional Vic rep said the Vision was far and away the biggest seller for Vic over the last 6 months or so. People headed in to check out the Cross bikes and rode out on Visions... The fat tire bikes are moving very slowly though...

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my totally unscientific read on it too.

·
Registered
423 Posts
My dealer still has their first and only Cross Roads on the floor. Visions haven't been great sellers here either. They have sold every Cross Country they can get their hands on. I guess depends on the area for what sells the best.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A month or so ago my dealer mentioned the Vision was the bigger seller. He did say he has no idea how many CCs he could sell because he can't get them to stay on the floor.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I brought a Vision but every now and then I wonder what it would have be like to own the CC. My 2009 Vision had $1500 in rebates, 5 year warranty, and the dealer knocked off another grand so I was blinded by the savings. But, I am happy with my bike so I am good. I am try to get my cousin to stop looking at HD and Goldwings so he can get the CC. Then I can borrow it.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that is what is really interesting. When I first saw the Vision it looked like really cool wall art but not a bike. Then they start to grow on you.

Victory is unique like Triumph that they can make bikes with so many shapes and they are all fabulous. The Vision vs. the CC or Vegas for that matter. Triumph Thunderbird, America, vs. the Rocket3. The Vision and Rocket 3 IMHO is the strangest looking most fabulous bike in the universe.

People today, accept new shapes and sizes. We no longer are conditioned to that conventional " this is a motorcycle " look.

Change is coming, the big boys better get a handle on it or they may be too late.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ron,

I would really like a Rocket III as a second ride. I wonder would how it would do on the Three Sisters run?

With that much power I probably should stay away from the RIII and get a T-Bird instead.

·
Registered
19 Posts

When I was looking at selling my Road King and moving to a Victory, I checked with the local dealerships on the availability of a Cross Roads. There were none to be had in the Canadian computerized dealer network. There will be none to have until orders are processed for next season. I believe the same is true for the Cross Country.
As for the Kingpin, I would be very surprised if the line was discontinued. That would be like saying Harley is going to stop producing the Fat Boy. The Victory marketing department made a good decision, however, in removing the touring Kingpin when they introduced the Cross Roads.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would like them to keep them all. It does not appear they have the production ability to keep up as they all run on the same line. I believe they need to dedicate more line availability to the Cross Country line.

I could be wrong, but I think something will be gone over the next few model years.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

i feel a new mid-size line coming out.
all the big boys will stay in place.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Caveat: I'm new here ;-) (and don't always spell well)

The end of May I bought my first Victory and chose the Kingpin Two Tone Ocean Blue & Sandstone Metallic. When I bought my Lincoln Aviator it became the last year they made it, maybe you won't see the Kingpin next year... maybe its me ;-) .

I looked at the Jackpot, Kingpin, and Vision. The first thing I noticed it looked like you could have a 100 or 106 ci engine, are there other engine differences? I decided not to go with the, for lack of a better word, flaring on Vision and not to go with the fat tire and taller front tire on the Jackpot. For my use I didn't see much of a difference for going for the 100 over the 106 or vice versa. A major factor in my decision was that I like to be able to have both feet flat on the road when I need to and Victorys seem to have the lowest seat height, I have a 29" inseam. Its my understanding that the 2010 Kingpin is designed from the 2009 Kingpin Low, not the regular Kingpin.

In any event, I am very satisfied with my choice.

·
Registered
807 Posts
The Pin is a solid bike with more than enough attributes to knock down the other American brand. Competing in the same market niche as HD isn't the way to win- HD has been doing the same bike for more than 40 years and has the recipeby rote. Victory's best move isthe one they've made, with groundbreaking bikes that challenge the Harleyparadigm. Delivering sharp bikeswith handling and power will eventually convince even the diehards that there is a new kid in town, and something better to be had.

·
Registered
3 Posts
appwolf said:
Caveat: I'm new here ;-) (and don't always spell well)

The end of May I bought my first Victory and chose the Kingpin Two Tone Ocean Blue & Sandstone Metallic. When I bought my Lincoln Aviator it became the last year they made it, maybe you won't see the Kingpin next year... maybe its me ;-) .

I looked at the Jackpot, Kingpin, and Vision. The first thing I noticed it looked like you could have a 100 or 106 ci engine, are there other engine differences? I decided not to go with the, for lack of a better word, flaring on Vision and not to go with the fat tire and taller front tire on the Jackpot. For my use I didn't see much of a difference for going for the 100 over the 106 or vice versa. A major factor in my decision was that I like to be able to have both feet flat on the road when I need to and Victorys seem to have the lowest seat height, I have a 29" inseam. Its my understanding that the 2010 Kingpin is designed from the 2009 Kingpin Low, not the regular Kingpin.

In any event, I am very satisfied with my choice.
PS: I had been looking at and keeping up with the Victorys since 1999 when a woman at work, who is a basic riding instructor and HD owner, introduced me to Victory. I don't know what took me so long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.