VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered two of the LED headlights from VicBaggers. They were shipped the same day I ordered them, will be here Saturday. Going to install them on the Octane and the Vegas. Guess there is a little modification that needs to be done. Got both of them for just a bit more than one for my Honda.

Has anyone used them? Do they work as well as advertised? Can't wait to get them on and give them a try.

Quite impressive service from VicBaggers.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I have it on my Gunner. I'm very pleased with it.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I give up on the need for auxiliary lights then? The stock candle barely lights up, and there is definitely plenty of dark for the deer to hide in so they can jump right out at me.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
It is a HUGE improvement over stock but hey more lights never hurt anything either

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
What kind of brain bucket is that?
That's the Shark Evoline 3. The chin guard is in the back position. I wear it that way 90% of the time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CPT PYRO, what all did you have to modify to fit your headlight bucket? It appears that I need to cut the plastic basket out except for the outer ring and the rubber needs to be all cut out except for the outside ring. Is this correct?

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
CPT PYRO, what all did you have to modify to fit your headlight bucket? It appears that I need to cut the plastic basket out except for the outer ring and the rubber needs to be all cut out except for the outside ring. Is this correct?
Bad Ace Billet installed mine while they had my bike. They told me that they had to cut the rubber ring down substantially for it to fit. No mention of cutting the plastic basket.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, The basket definitely won't fit in behind the light as it is. I will try to cut the rubber ring down enough to fit around the light and see how that works. Thanks for getting back to me. Going to go back out and practice some more swearing, getting rather good at it now. Should have heard me putting the light in the Octane.

Will have the wife come out and read the bible to me while I attempt to put this thing together again. I need saved!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I now have to buy all the parts that I butchered up to try and get it to fit. There is no way it will fit my bike. Right now I am pissed. Can't even get the stock light back in because I had to cut the rubber up. I would sure like to know how they put yours in.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I now have to buy all the parts that I butchered up to try and get it to fit. There is no way it will fit my bike. Right now I am pissed. Can't even get the stock light back in because I had to cut the rubber up. I would sure like to know how they put yours in.
That sucks, I shoot them a message and see if they might have any details

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did, shouldn't have done it while I was still trying to get it put in. Wasn't the nicest of people then. Honda makes the whole setup that just screws in. Five minutes and it's done.

I'm just going to get the stock parts back in and go with the stock setup and get some auxiliary lights. Just upset because it will be almost two weeks before the stock parts get in. They should not say it takes a slight modification to put it in and make it work right, that isn't a true statement or advertising.

The same light did work fine in the Octane, was not quite as easy as swapping lights, but it did go in in about a half hour. It definitely is brighter than stock.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I did, shouldn't have done it while I was still trying to get it put in. Wasn't the nicest of people then. Honda makes the whole setup that just screws in. Five minutes and it's done.

I'm just going to get the stock parts back in and go with the stock setup and get some auxiliary lights. Just upset because it will be almost two weeks before the stock parts get in. They should not say it takes a slight modification to put it in and make it work right, that isn't a true statement or advertising.

The same light did work fine in the Octane, was not quite as easy as swapping lights, but it did go in in about a half hour. It definitely is brighter than stock.
Did you call the guys at VicBaggers?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, I sent them an email through their site. I've decided to just go back to stock until I figure something else out. I doubt they resound to me, but it's okay. I'm just too gullible when it comes to something that requires slight modification. At least I have a backup light for the Octane.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.