VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning to everybody!
My VV '2010 has the Iphone cable with an old iphone-1 full of music, I leave always there.
I charge songs from time to time through the ITunes program on my PC, but each time less and less, because it's so cumbersome .
As we use Spotify on our newer Phones (in my case a Iphone7), my question is: If i buy a second hand Iphone 5 or similar, download Sportfy, and connect it to my bike,...Will I be able to hear the playlists through the speakers and control them through the handlebar controls?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Sure someone with better info will come along shortly, but my understanding is that you need to get a Coolstream Car Pro Bluetooth dongle that will attach to your 30 pin iPhone cable. That will allow you to stream spotify and control through handle bar controls.

·
Super Moderator
26,155 Posts
I'm not sure what iPhone has the 30pin connector but any that do will plug in and work to play music from any source.

You could buy the CoolStream as mentioned above and pair it to your new iPhone to work around it having a lightning connector.

The Duo does not allow you to control tracks. The Pro does.

·
Super Moderator
26,155 Posts
Not sure if I understand question but this is what I used on my CCT when new phones came out with new connectors. 30 pin to 8 pin adapter.

View attachment 547265
Did it allow you to skip tracks? I haven't seen one of those. Looks like a nice option.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
My Coolstream pro allows for
1) skipping of tracks (tune + / -)
2) ffwd or rwd (press and hold tune +/-)
3) change playlists (Station presets buttons)
4) volume (volume +/-)
5) mute ( only mutes speakers, song will still play)
6) pause (turn radio power button off or change source with source button)

all that being said, I’m not sure if the 2010 version works the same as later years (mine is a 2014).

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I initially looked into those adapters. The problem I had was my iPhone X was too long and with that adapter would not fit in the cubby.

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the solution with the cable! Another question: if you connect a newer iPhone with a cable, you can control de songs thru the controller, but: Can you control the same if you hear the music through the spotify app ?

·
Super Moderator
26,155 Posts
I like the solution with the cable! Another question: if you connect a newer iPhone with a cable, you can control de songs thru the controller, but: Can you control the same if you hear the music through the spotify app ?
It should.

I use Pandora but can control the tracks with a several different Bluetooth device I have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.