VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some may know I was rear ended on august 25 on my xc. Now that I'm feeling mostly better I decided to light a fire under my dealer to find out when I could expect to get my scoot back. It turns out that the forged bars and saddle bag bars are unavailable from polarass so ,maybe I haven't been paying attention but weren't parts supposed to be available for 10 years ?

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
As some may know I was rear ended on august 25 on my xc. Now that I'm feeling mostly better I decided to light a fire under my dealer to find out when I could expect to get my scoot back. It turns out that the forged bars and saddle bag bars are unavailable from polarass so ,maybe I haven't been paying attention but weren't parts supposed to be available for 10 years ?
They'll probably say those parts are "accessories" and not included.

·
Registered
491 Posts
yes, the forged bars were discontinued early. I thought the saddleback bars would have been considerred a part

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
What year bike ? Reason I ask is because I was told if the forged bars came on your bike that year from factory , then Victory has to supply you that part because it is not considered an accessory. However if the forged bars were not stock on your bike then Victory isn't on the hook to provide them. That's the way my dealer explained it to me. So the parts for 10 years applies to stock parts ! Not accessories. Also some dealers just aren't willing to do the leg work or even prefer to bother with dealing with Polaris since the shutdown. I called my dealer where I bought the bike from and they said nope we can't get parts. Hung up and called another dealership and they said yep it will be here in 5 days of ordering, to include the forged bars I was looking for.

Reactions: bikendad

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
What year bike ? Reason I ask is because I was told if the forged bars came on your bike that year from factory , then Victory has to supply you that part because it is not considered an accessory. However if the forged bars were not stock on your bike then Victory isn't on the hook to provide them. That's the way my dealer explained it to me. So the parts for 10 years applies to stock parts ! Not accessories. Also some dealers just aren't willing to do the leg work or even prefer to bother with dealing with Polaris since the shutdown. I called my dealer where I bought the bike from and they said nope we can't get parts. Hung up and called another dealership and they said yep it will be here in 5 days of ordering, to include the forged bars I was looking for.
If they had them for bikes that had them from the factory they should have some in stock for anybody to purchase for any bike that will take them.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I did a Bing search on the 2011 Cross and every picture I saw had forged bars. SO it seems to me Polanus owes you a set of forged bars. But guess what? They'll sooner let you take them to court and all that mess rather than do the right thing. And at the end of the day you may not ever get them.

I would like to be wrong on this, but given the track record, I am skeptical to say the least. Best of luck to you; I hope you get the bike back in one piece. Glad you are feeling better also! The bike is just a machine after all.

Reactions: Half_Crazy

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
If they had them for bikes that had them from the factory they should have some in stock for anybody to purchase for any bike that will take them.
I'm just telling you what my dealer stated. I was also
Letting OP know that if his dealer stated they were accessory then that could be the reason he hasn't received them cause maybe they are issuing them only to that model year so they want be held liable for not providing STOCK parts that came on that particular model year. Again I'm only trying to share the information my dealer stated.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Point #1: The nutsacks running Polaris and the motorcycle division are known and proven liars. Trust their words at your own risk.

Point #2: There is no law requiring them to make parts available for any length of time. They are bound by contract to honor warranties. Factory warranties, NOT "extended" warranties. So if your bike is over 12 months old...sucks to be you if you need them.

Conclusion: This talk of ten years was all BS to make fools feel comfortable about buying a new Indian.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
For all of those who actually believed that Polaris wasn't full of BS when they made statements about how they were going to develop the Vics then later when they said they were going to support their customers for 10 years I'd suggest you find a new hobby. Hey, how about collecting bridges? And by the way I just happen to have one to sell you.

Executive crap and gobbledygook from the snakes.

Reactions: don07tncav

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
You should get in touch with a few companies that released those articles and have them write new ones reflecting your concerns. Maybe that would help them to locate you parts. Or if nothing else make them look like the ass hats they are to potential Indian customers.

Also my 11 came with forged bars....

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
@poppamark That has to be hard to take. I really feel for ya.

Not all that surprising, but maybe there's another source somewhere. Best of luck on this.

Cheap cycle parts shows them as available. If not the originals, maybe the Ness version?

View attachment 388913

View attachment 388921
Their "available" is completely worthless.

Doesn't have anything to do with parts on hand.

I've traveled that road with them here recently. If you want to know if they can get something call them. DO NOT TRUST THE WEBSITE.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The 2011's came stock with the forged bars. I had to go to what they called in the day the core system to get round bars and the lowers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.