VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm new here, finally going to pick up the bike I've always wanted next Tuesday.
03 Vegas!
I know that the 03 will have the 5 speed trans, is this a huge disadvantage? Should I wait it out and get a new model?
Also, what do you think about the price? I am giving $5,000 for an 03 Vegas that is pretty much stock with 17k miles.
Any input you have would be very helpful!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds like a good price to me. I have a newer 8-ball with the 5-spd. Trans. and have never missed the extra gear, even after having bikes with 6-speeds. Enjoy that bike and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
609 Posts

Got an '09 8-Ball w/ the 5 speed. I've only ever wished for a 6th gear after cruising above 90 mph for long periods. It only gets a little buzzy at 60 mph I find.
Sounds like a good price too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'll definitely put some pics up when I get it.
I've wanted a victory since a buddy bought a V92 10 years ago. When the Vegas came out I was in love.
Finally next Tuesday is the day.
Hopefully nothing happens before then, beacause that sure is my luck!
Thanks for the input on the 5 speed. I didnt think it would be much of a deal especially since I'm not about the speed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The price sounds real good. I have an 03 Vegas and I really wish it had a six speed. On the highway I'm in 5th at 60. Then speeds above that I wish i could shift one more time. If you do alot of highway driving you will wish you had the 6 speed. If its only an occasional highway rip then you will be fine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
5k is an excellent price. I bought an 05 for similar reasons and though sometimes I wish I had the Six on longfreeway rides. I have put on 10k this summer and it would not keep me from buying another5speed. You will love it. Best bike I have owned so far.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
top_pin said:
sweet!
Thanks for all the posts. Tomorrow is finally the day.
I have not seen this bike in person.
Anything I should look out for / check for?
Well, whether it's a car or a bike I usually check the air filter. It is usually a good indicator on how someone maintains their bike...

·
Registered
807 Posts

Welcome to the Cathedral of Victory Devotees. Your rule book will be forwarded shortly. Of note- you will be required to tithe 35% of your gross salary to your motorcycle in the form of aftermarket parts and/or religious "bling". Proof of said tithing shall be posted in photographic evidence on this website.
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Got it home safe and sound!
This is my second bike and it sure is a different feel.
Now I just have to wait for spring!
Here are some photos, not great quality because theyre off my phone.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
top_pin said:
Got it home safe and sound!
This is my second bike and it sure is a different feel.
Now I just have to wait for spring!
Here are some photos, not great quality because theyre off my phone.
Hey, great news and the bike looks good. Since you can't ride until spring, start adding stuff. Remember what Dimonback said, no less then 35% a month...

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Hey Andy i think the Vog needs to give out digital camera's for Christmas this year to those that need em. This is a class joint here, these camera phones gotta go !

Seriously, Noce ride Top.
Hey is that a 6 wheel wonder i see in the background of that first picture?? I had one of those!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Top_Pin,

I have a '04 Vegas and have wondered about and wished I had another gear at highway speeds for years. Another way around this is a larger primary gear. I think Arlen Ness has them and your Victory dealer should be able to get it in. "WARNING" I had an early aftermarket one that wasn't hardened and nearly ruined my output shaft which means $$$$ to have the shaft replaced. You will find that your ride has a lot of low end torque. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you can afford to lose a bit of torque and gain in fuel mileage and lower rpm's on the long rides by having one installed by your Victory dealer. But if it's your toy for around the local area you won't need it. I have my sight on a Vision soon for the long rides and then my Vegas will be my local toy without the larger primary.

Victory

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.