VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I’m new to this so hear goes
My 2006 Vegas RHS indicators work intermittently, but if a put hazard lights on and hold indicator switch the indicator works

Help please

·
Registered
268 Posts
I don't really have any ideas on your problem, kinda sounds like a relay though.

What I do know is that you start getting into the indicator wiring, just know that (for my 06 Vegas anyways) one side of the indicator wiring was backwards. I forget if it was the left or the right side that was backwards, but one of the sides, the color wire was ground and the black wire was hot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate for your reply
I’m no mechanic what would I need to do for those wrong colour wires
And were is the relay located and what does it look like
Cheers brother

·
Registered
268 Posts
For the wiring colors, you don't need to do anything, just pay attention to how they are connected if you're going to be connecting/disconnecting anything or cutting into them.

The relay should be the upper left relay (towards the rear of the bike) in the fuse box found under the right side cover. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea how to test it.

Might also want to open up the headlight and double check the connectors for the turn signals.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Had a similar issue with on '85 goldwing. Replaced the relays, wiring harness and handlebar switches... still never went away so I sold it. Had to turn the flashers on then hold the switch one way or the other. Seems odd that the turn signal would take priority over the 4-ways but it kinda makes sense.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again mate
I'll give that a bash at the weekend
Merry Xmas
For the wiring colors, you don't need to do anything, just pay attention to how they are connected if you're going to be connecting/disconnecting anything or cutting into them.

The relay should be the upper left relay (towards the rear of the bike) in the fuse box found under the right side cover. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea how to test it.

Might also want to open up the headlight and double check the connectors for the turn signals.[/QUOTE

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a similar issue with on '85 goldwing. Replaced the relays, wiring harness and handlebar switches... still never went away so I sold it. Had to turn the flashers on then hold the switch one way or the other. Seems odd that the turn signal would take priority over the 4-ways but it kinda makes sense.
Thanks for your input cheers my American cousin
Merry Xmas

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Marky
Give Ben a call at crazy horse welling DA16 3RQ he knows his victories 020 88564273 .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.