VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Wanted to check in and let you know officially one year w/ my bike... love it. 5K miles later and perfect beyond a rubbing beltdrive that was corrected. I absolutely love the bike and couldn't be happier. Still love looking at it in the garage when I'm not riding it.
Jay

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Post a picture of that bad boy!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
saffrontiger said:
pics coming. Need to take better pics w/ digicam v my blackberry. Did I tell you I love my bike :)
Some folks may think you have issues if you say you " love " your bike, don't worry, they are just " closet " lovers and are afraid to tell it like it is ! ( ps I love my pin, and not afraid to yell it out loud !!! )

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new here and looking to buy a Vegas next year, but can't quite decide between the 8 ball and the standard Vegas. Was curious how you like the 5 speed tranny? What kind of RPM's are you turning on the highway? What speeds seem to suit the bike best? Would you prefer a 6 speed or are you completely happy with the 5 speed?

·
Registered
609 Posts

Captain_Morgan said:
I'm new here and looking to buy a Vegas next year, but can't quite decide between the 8 ball and the standard Vegas. Was curious how you like the 5 speed tranny? What kind of RPM's are you turning on the highway? What speeds seem to suit the bike best? Would you prefer a 6 speed or are you completely happy with the 5 speed?
The 5 speed is just fine. No idea what RPM I turn. The best speeds seem to be 50 and 75 MPH. I wouldn't need a 6 speed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Like you I often wonder how the 6 would work, but in all honesty the 5 has been great to me. But a good plan, which I'm still on the edge about, is a pulley replacement. Adds two teeth (correct me if I'm wrong) and drops engine speed a claimed 200-400 rpm throughout the powerband. In my opinion the money you save on the 8-ball can get you much more than a standard. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
43 Posts
2007 Vegas in 5th turns around 2400 @ 60mph. In 6th @ 70mph turns around 2400 Book recommends shifting from 5th to 6th @ 50mph. Hard to make myself do that! OH by the way, I friggin'love my Vegas!

·
Registered
37 Posts

The RPM's that VegasBaby posted are about right. I'm turning around 2400 RPMS at 60 mph on my 2008. I have the stage 1 swept pipes and it's a little loud at 60-65 miles an hourbut I wear ear plugs on most rides to keep the noise at bay. That's probably the only complaint with not having the 6 speed, it's a little loud in
5th gear at 65 mph without the stock pipes.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I got the 8-ball & haven't missed the 6th gear. In fact I test rode a vegas before I picked up the 8-ball & realized as I was nearing my exit that I still had another gear! 65-75 seems good for me although I probably should have gone with a taller windshield.

Seat is not great but my only real complaint is that the brakes SUCK, coming from a linked ABS equiped bike doesn't help! Still I have been able to enjoy more riging & longer rides on the 8-ball than my 3 previous bikes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.