VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently working on my 2012 victory highball. I’ve removed my gas tank to work on my air box. I’ve fully disconnected my gas tank, and placed it upside down on a towel to keep it from getting any scratches or dings. There are 2 vacuum lines on the underside side of the gas tank (which is now upside down, so the lines are facing up) my smaller vacuum line is slowly leaking out fuel. I’m not sure why or what to do. I’ve tried to turn the tank right side up, in hopes the gas pressure would stop the leak however it’s got worse. Any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
That may not be a vacuum line but your gas tank vent.
Turn the tank upright and open the gas tank to release any pressure in the tank.
Close cap and it should stop, if I'm right.
You could always plug the end with a golf tee or something maybe a screw.

Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm currently working on my 2012 victory highball. I've removed my gas tank to work on my air box. I've fully disconnected my gas tank, and placed it upside down on a towel to keep it from getting any scratches or dings. There are 2 vacuum lines on the underside side of the gas tank (which is now upside down, so the lines are facing up) my smaller vacuum line is slowly leaking out fuel. I'm not sure why or what to do. I've tried to turn the tank right side up, in hopes the gas pressure would stop the leak however it's got worse. Any help would be great thanks!
I know this is an old post but I just got to ask, Why would you place the tank upside down?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just saw this.
Some of the Victory tanks have a plastic fitting that comes out of the fuel pump. It is easily broken if you don’t take care when setting the tank down. I set mine on a pillow when I removed it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think that plastic piece you mention Rufus2010, is cracked on my bike. Recently had speakers installed and the installer “lifted” the tank to run the wires. When we started the bike afterward fuel leaked. We checked and the plastic fitting in the fuel line looks cracked. Any chance of getting a replacement part without having to buy a new fuel pump? Or is this part of the fuel line?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Is tons of info on repairing said nipple nipple • • just use search feature or scroll down tech threads. I’d put link but I ain’t that good

Reactions: Vbabs
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.