VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Andy and TheVOG.Net, this forum is a space for all of us that own non-current models of Victory Motorcycles. The Victory line of motorcycles, although introduced in 1998, were first sold as 1999 models, and there are still a lot of V92C motorcycles out there! One rider, Roadkill (http://roadkillonline.net/) has over 200,000 miles on his V92C. (I only have 60,975 on my 2000 V92C at the time of this post).

Although there are several other Victory websites out there, it's nice to have a place here on TheVOG.Net for those of us with older Victory motorcycles, too.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had two fairing on my V92C, and I just took the most recent off the bike about a month ago.

I had the Rocket Rogers fairing first, which was before they added the ability to include a radio. The fairing worked, and it is a modified HD fairing. I didn't like two things about it, neither which is Rocket Rogers fault. First, I didn't like the inside finish (keep that in mind, as you'll be looking at the thing for miles and miles). Second, I didn't like the windshield set-up on Rocket Rogers bike, with about an inch clearance between the windshield and the fairing. The price was a little steep, but that's what you get with custom (or modified) Victory parts.

Most recently, I had a fairing I bought from the Trike Shop, a custom builder of trikes located (relatively) near me in the Twin Cities (MN). I've had that fairing on my bike for five years, and custom mounted it using Victory mounts, solid steel bars (with holes) from a local hardware store, and a couple of bar clamps from Kuryakyn that I placed on the handlebars. The fairing came with some issues...it was a first generation (literally right off the manufacturing line) fairing made of PVC, not fiberglass, like the Trike Shop's previous versions. It allowed for the mounting of radio and speakers, and had a more finished look. But I also found problems with the early run of places where the plastic became brittle or wouldn't support the weight of the fairing. I let the Trike Shop know about these problems, and supposedly they changed the design to correct for these problems. I also mounted an antenna on the front of the fairing, and bought a Bra for a Harley fairing (older model), having a large Victory Patch custom sewn on the bike. I should post a picture on the site...let me try to get to that later today, and you can see what it looked like.

Earlier this summer, my bike got caught in a hail storm, and although the bike has been out in the rain on various trips over time, the radio died, and I just didn't want to put any more money into the fairing at this point (plus, the fairing has been repaired with JB Weld in certain places, as well as it has a custom radio mounting plate on the PVC plastic that I made to solve some problems). I know that a Vision is in my future...sometime...so I went back to an old windshield that I had, and I'm leaving it at that...although my interest in the fairing may return with colder weather in the fall. We'll see. I've also been wanting a larger "top box" for the back of the bike (bought one of the cheap ones from eBay) and there's one at scoot works that looks interesting.

There was also a company called VicRider, out here in Minnesota, that once made radio fairings and fairings for the Victory. They aren't on the internet any more, but maybe the previous owners are out there and still have stock left. I don't know.

So here are the other places I mentioned that are worth a look. I also have Champion bags, which are the best other than the great bags that come with a TC.

http://www.trikeshop.com/accessories.php (look at the second to last entry..."radio caddy fairing"

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've got a vicrider fairing on my 99vic. It's one of the first few that were made. Vicrider is no longer in buisness but there is one of his fairing at Woodsman Power Products in Alexandria MN. I'll try post some pics of my bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got a RR radio faring on my 01 for several years now, after he changed the mounting system to rubber shock mounts It's been pretty much problem free. I use a marine radio by Aquatic AV HIGHLY water, dust and shock resistant.

the fairing has been to Montreal 3 times and SF once.

I ride out of north Florida

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help - Took my first ride on my new to me 03 Classic and part way thru my ride my speedo just stopped working, been trying to find the speed sensor, but have no idea where to look? Any ideas? Thanks, Dez

·
Registered
554 Posts
Your speedo sensor is located down buy your front belt pulley. If you bend down thare youll be able too see it. When those bikes wear new thare was a recall on the sensor. If I remember correctly the problem was in the wire of the sensor. We installed a new one on my 03. we had put a piece of shrink tube over the wire to give it added suport. Im still rideing it. I bought it brand new. 40,000 klm and still runing strong. Im up hear in Canada so Thats why its in killometres lol. I hope I was a help too you. Keep on biken!

·
Registered
2 Posts

WideOpen still developing the mounting brackets...Decided to go with the radio caddy fairing. Bought it from G&G Power Sports for $450. Added a Jensen Marine MSR 3007 radio and Polk speakers. I have a two-tone Solar red and white paint job that will cost approx. $550...haven't painted it yet.... working on mounting my XM satellite radio. Will have pics soon.
Thanks for everyone's response.

·
Registered
554 Posts
H-D fairings from 72 to 83 will fit on the classic cruisers,Tc's and maybe others. Ive seen pics on the VMC They don't take much at all to put them on. The brackets on the fairings bolt up to the windshield clamps with very little modifacation. You can pick em up at swap meets for cheap. Im going to grab one up and put it on my Classic Cruiser. Hear are 2 pics

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ive put my Classic Cruiser to bed for the winter now!! OWWWW how I miss her so allready!!! snivel,snivel. I think I'll have to go out to the Garage and sit on her for a while LOL! Its going to be a long winter if Im missing her all ready!!

·
Registered
690 Posts

Chris said:
Ive put my Classic Cruiser to bed for the winter now!! OWWWW how I miss her so allready!!! snivel,snivel. I think I'll have to go out to the Garage and sit on her for a while LOL! Its going to be a long winter if Im missing her all ready!!
I feel your pain man.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I hear ya bro! Thats why Im going trucken on the hwy for the winter. Its not a bike but it is a big oll Peterbilt and 2 me that is the next best thing too biken cause I get to see the country!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a new member today. 22 yr old owner of an 02 TC deluxe. 15k miler in 3 years, not bad for short season here in Colorado. Great site and great posts. Everybody have a safe summer...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone bought a Wide open customs fairing???? I am looking to get one for my '03 Classic cruiser....if so did you have to do any mods because of the speedo/tach being in the headlight.....Cheers Rob

·
Registered
554 Posts
Rob Im very interested in knowing as well. Ive been looking for an old H-D fairing for my 03 Classic Cruiser. They bolt right on. Well ok you've gota cut an inch or two off the bottom of the mounting brackets and redrill the bottom holes but other than that they bolt right on too your windshield mounts on the fork tubes.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Monker,
Go to TheVMC.com and do a search of the old articles for "Gary". I met Gary when I worked in FL and knew of his work through posts at TheVMC. He is the first owner I know of that fit an HD fairing to a Vic. He's a real nice guy and helped many to do the same. Wow, it was 2003 when I was in FL. Time sure flies. We use to go to the Plant City bike night. There may be some pics of his bike in the gallery there?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.