VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm curious as to which 2000 V92 models have single (left) front disc brakes only. I'm on the hunt for a caliper and pads, but am getting dual front brake results when searching. It is not my bike, and it doesn't look stock, but any help is appreciated.
Tire Jeans Wheel Fuel tank Plant

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The single front disc started out on the right side on the original 1999 V92C & was then switched over to the the left side for all other V92C models 2000-2003. All 99-2002 models use the same disc, the SC's & TC's just have dual ones.
Don't know exactly what changed (think they got thicker) but all 2003-06 have a different part number.
2000 pads are readily available, Brembo calipers can be rebuilt if it's not destroyed & there are used ones out there.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Doesn't look like the stock Victory caliper, they used Brembo calipers on 2000 models. GMA after market caliper-check JP Cycles or Dennis Kirk if you want to stay with what's on there. Otherwise I'd be looking for used parts on ebay or salvage yards-it's hard to get a better caliper than a Brembo.

·
Registered
300 Posts
@MasterOfNone. That is not a Brembo caliper which one would expect to see on your year Victory. Before you spend money on a Brembo caliper which may not fit your bike I would recommend that you download a manual and check the specs first to see if your front end is actually Victory one or off another bike. Here is the link courtesy of BBob MediaFire
Rob

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yep @MasterOfNone , your questions all answered before I got here...just relogged in to add some likes to you bike pic!
You'll find a Victory caliper there somewhere, I see a USA flag.
I bought one a while back as I was fooling around with my front brake, trying to use my Lyndalls Extremes that don't fit the Brembo early caliper...
I have the VICTORY branded Nissin caliper here but it's a long way from Oz to USA and you're sure to find what you need local.

Reactions: normthenomad
1 - 7 of 7 Posts