VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post about the incredible customer service I have received from this company.
A couple weeks ago I ordered their Vision backrest with the quick release bracket to install before my trip to the Keys. First off, their website is VERY easy to navigate and made it easy to order. When I placed my order they give you a firm delivery date (very nice feature) as they produce their product to order. Myshipping date was October 12th (ohhh crap!!!) as I was leaving on the 14th.....this was not good. So I quickly shot off an e-mail to the company and received a response back same day. Theyunderstood my problem and moved my order up to be able to accomodate my trip by getting the backrest done early and shipping on the exact day they promised, October 7th. these are people that understand riders!
Along the way I have been in contact with Bob at the company and every single time he has responded back immediately. I will be receiving delivery of the backrest tomorrow and willinstall it in time to get some seat time with it.
This company has been nothing but 1st class and I would recommend them for their customer service alone. Give 'em a shot. I'll post some comments on the product after I get some time in the saddle with it installed, but I expect nothing but great results.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Mark Im glad that they are getting it done for you. Its nice to see yet another company go above and beyond for their customers.

Depending on when you get it, if you dont get a chance to install it before we meet on Sat. you can take some measurements on mine as to where to cut etc.
If you want ill bring the tools to pop my seat off.

Your gonna love it ! it really is nice to have something supporting your back on a ride.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That's great news!! Super happy to hear about it, and most importantly, you're getting it right in time for your trip. I can't wait to hear about your trip. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun. The back rest will help you imensely. Have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you want to see the Utopia installation on a Vision, check this out.

By the way I have the removable version that comes out with a pull straight up. That is really nice. I take it off once a week so I can put a pizza on the back seat for the short ride home from Papa John's.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well, no photos needed because of the great videos posted by Andy and Radioteacher. Now, I don't know about you Radioteacher, but there were more than just a few 4 letter F-bombs that were used during the one step of lining up the 2 bolts to install the T-bar. Holy mother father that was a pain in the backside. I probably spent 90% of the total install time on that one simple step. If I had to do a 2nd bike I could probably install one in less than 5 minutes but that first try was an educational experience.
All in all, this is a fantastic product....quality made with the absolute best service around. I thought Leatherup.com was awesome, well, Utopia has them beat for customer service. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a backrest.

·
Registered
172 Posts
phoenix9 said:
Now, I don't know about you Radioteacher, but there were more than just a few 4 letter F-bombs that were used during the one step of lining up the 2 bolts to install the T-bar. Holy mother father that was a pain in the backside. I probably spent 90% of the total install time on that one simple step. If I had to do a 2nd bike I could probably install one in less than 5 minutes but that first try was an educational experience.
As you can tell from the video, the first bolt lined right up. The second bolt took about three tries and two minutes to get in but I finally got it to go.

After giving it some thought I figured that if I put my hand where the T-bracket goes under the seat and visualized stabbing that hand with the knife, it would have helped.

Plus, I should feel the knife slide along the shell of the seat where the T-bracket is installed as the knife is inserted.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
One thing i am in the process of doing, is that since i am in the vinyl and leather biz, i am changing that crappy plastic cover to a leather one. It will make a nicer look as well as when the backrest is out i dont have my passenger feeling the plastic in any way.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
PrimePower said:
Does anyone know if I can fit this with my saddleman touring bag? Thanks
Yes and Maybe.

If the Utopia is placed in a forward postion (for shorter riders) then yes, no problem. But if it's adjusted all the way back, it will fit, but it will be a tight squeeze.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Clubford- The new Utopia covers are now leather. No need to replace the plastic on mine!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.