USB Charger for KEYLESS IGNITION AND ALARM | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

USB Charger for KEYLESS IGNITION AND ALARM

Discussion in 'Tech Q&A' started by moazebulon, Jan 28, 2016.

1. moazebulon

moazebulon New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    XCT 15th Anniversary
    Hi all,

I bought, from my french local dealer, a keyless ignition accessory for my XCT :

Keyless Ignition and Alarm | Victory Motorcycles Store

Thanks to guitardedcow for his vidéo that help me in the mounting steps !
    Guitardedcow

But this part came with a charger, for charging the remote controler, in US standard (110V and US plug).
    So, even if i will buy a transformer (From french 220V to US 120V), I saw in guitardedcow's youtube video that there also exist an usb cable for charging this remote controler.
    So I have a question about this usb cable :
    Is this cable can be bought separatly ? Is this a Victory parts ? Wich parts ID ? I accept all information about this usb cable to give this informations for my local dealer to import this parts from US to france.

Thanks for your help
    Best regards
    Moazebulon

2. moazebulon

moazebulon New Member

XCT 15th Anniversary
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  3. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision
    Yes, you can buy a charger that will work. In almost any auto supply store you will find a device that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and has a UBS port on the other end. It looks like this
    MyCableMart.com
    I suspect that In France you can buy a USB charger that plugs into your local power system too.

4. moazebulon

moazebulon New Member

XCT 15th Anniversary
    Thank U Oldman47,
    But the problem was not to find an usb socket (can be found all over the world), the problem was to found the correct usb cable that fit the remote controler socket to replace the original charger (in 120V US standard) that not fit the european standard (220V).
    Now I have my reply by Guitardedcow.
    So I go to the alarm constructor webstore (Scorpio) and bought directly the correct USB Cable, who fit the remote controler socket and a European voltage charger and that even if I must pay an expensive shiping to europe.
    Always Thanks

Only desapointed by the Polaris shipment who sent me, for europe destination, a package including this :
    CHARGER 120V | Scorpio
    Shipment to a country where the standard voltage is 220V and when you know that the correct plug exist :
    CHARGER 220V | Scorpio
    I also pay for USB cable that fit any source of almimentation (battery, alternative voltage, PC, ... with appropriate plug) :
    USB Remote Charger | Scorpio

Its a bit difficult to accept to pay a second time to have the good parts to replace the bad first shipment.
    But it was very difficult for me, from europe, to have my local dealer to relay my problem or directly me to explain this problem to polaris US.

Best Regards
    Moazebulon

5. Old-Gramps

Old-Gramps Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour
    It appears to me that your dealer has imported the us version only, as I believe, or at least with most imported stuff here in Australia anyhow, there must be equivalent plugs and adapters provider for the country of that is selling the item. i.e. if it comes with an US 110 mains adaptor and is sold here then it must come with a 240 volt adapter for the same purpose.....

6. moazebulon

moazebulon New Member

XCT 15th Anniversary
    Thanks to your attention Old-Gramps !

The french catalog, for Victory parts, present the US version and reference for the Keyless system.
    There is no picture of the charger in the US product page to figure that this is a charger to plug into wall socket or into a USB port, and only information of "key fob charger" is present in the product description.
    Keyless Ignition and Alarm | Victory Motorcycles Store
    So is it to my local dealer to know that there is an influence of local electric standard to choose the good Item to deliver or is it to the sender to know that there exists some differents versions of this item and to have confirmation of the version before shipping the package ?
    The ball is now in the court of Victory US and also the answer of this question ?
    No matter, I found a solution to escape me from this difficulty.

Best Regards
    moazebulon

7. Old-Gramps

Old-Gramps Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour
    I cannot answer your questions... But I have never bought any kind of parts or equipment for anything that didn't have the right plugs or chargers etc.... I must admit I have not purchased this item nor have I seen one.

I have bought electric stuff from the states though and have always gotten the right adapter in the box, so it just seems a bit strange to me.....