VOG Forum banner

Upgrading Front Speakers on a 2008 Victory Vision

2170 8
Hi all, has anyone upgraded the front speakers on a Victory Vision, how difficult is it, and do you have any suggestions? Help! Paco
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Yes and do a search for "speakers". You find a few posts. It's more or less the same drill on a Vision vs. a Cross bike. Some folks go for the J&M's. For me, I upgraded mine with Infinity speakers and a line level amp (not a preamp level input capable amp, there is a difference.). If you are going to speakers only route, just make sure and stick with 2 ohm speakers like the stock. Going to 4 ohm speakers will likely reduce your volume level and that is not the way to go.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
pacog1943 said:
Hi all, has anyone upgraded the front speakers on a Victory Vision, how difficult is it, and do you have any suggestions? Help! Paco
first thing I did on my 08 Vision
Would I do it again, nope, waist of money, I found no real improvement using the J&Ms over the stock.
Other speakers maybe better, but unless you are running an amp, the road noise will take away from whatever sound improvement you gained by just changing the speakers.
Then, the big question, what about hearing loss?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have read and planning on doing it some day of installing a set or two of Focal 5 1/4" speakers....It will require an amp as well but from the guy who has done it they made a world of difference....

·
Registered
37 Posts
joeschmoe said:
I have read and planning on doing it some day of installing a set or two of Focal 5 1/4" speakers....It will require an amp as well but from the guy who has done it they made a world of difference....
i have 4 of these in my truck componet's tho running 100w (rms)to each speacker they sound great have you instslled them on your bike yet what do they sound like?

·
Premium Member
7,888 Posts
pacog1943 said:
You have to pull the chrome gauge bezel the aluminum V panel and you have to pull the mirrors and then the speaker covers. Then you have the speakers right there in front of you. If you buy speakers with big magnets you will have to modify the plastic housing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.