VOG Forum banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love mine, had it new. Sorry not to bring any bad luck but I had axle issues and I've been trying to get axles built for almost 10 months . I've shipped them to several places, now there in North Carolina hoping they can build them. If anyone has had experience getting the axles done could you please send me in a direction , I would surely appreciate it. And by the way I'm not ever planning getting rid of mine if I can get it back together, you'll enjoy it that much!!!! Thanks...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
That's the problem with riding unicorns, unicorn parts BUT, there are many a machine shop with CNC lathes and equipment and some really smart folks that should be able to duplicate axles. If not, adapt another brand axle to work. Never give up.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
KLBlake, in your photo the Crossbow is sitting next to an off brand motorcycle, mine is stabled with another Vision. It cuts down on the gremlins.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I've been digging around in the internet and can't put my finger on how many Crossbows were ever built. Any ideas y'all ?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I love mine, had it new. Sorry not to bring any bad luck but I had axle issues and I've been trying to get axles built for almost 10 months . I've shipped them to several places, now there in North Carolina hoping they can build them. If anyone has had experience getting the axles done could you please send me in a direction , I would surely appreciate it. And by the way I'm not ever planning getting rid of mine if I can get it back together, you'll enjoy it that much!!!! Thanks...
Do you have any photos you would care to share of your axles or current state of your Crossbow ?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I've been digging around in the internet and can't put my finger on how many Crossbows were ever built. Any ideas y'all ?
I'm gonna guess 3. Yours, one I saw in person in AZ and the white one on eBay right now. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
LMAO. Somewhere I heard a number of around 115 since the inception of the design.

I can't imagine a manufacturer designing different running gear with the exception of drive mechanism as in Shaft, Chain or Belt. It seems to me that basic components would be the same across their line and they manufactured many types for different makes and that said the axles and bearings should be about the same. They also offered another trike mod on a Victory Cross bike I believe and that would have been belt drive.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Hmmm ?? Pretty afternoon so out to the shelter (Palace of Victory) and started my two and let em run fer a bit. Did some forensic on the yet unnamed unicorn. I saw this out in Texas but didn't care. Both rear compartments show water and dirt/dust invasion. Both have been drilled to let water out. More investigation required.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Hmmm ?? Pretty afternoon so out to the shelter (Palace of Victory) and started my two and let em run fer a bit. Did some forensic on the yet unnamed unicorn. I saw this out in Texas but didn't care. Both rear compartments show water and dirt/dust invasion. Both have been drilled to let water out. More investigation required. View attachment 591493
No worries that's just drilled to let the beers melted ice out. :angel4:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
A very good friend, high school buddy went out and bought a 74/75 H-D Superglide and we put beers in his hard bags and drilled weep holes. Dripping at the traffic lights and the cops never pulled us because of it. The 70's into the early 80's was a different time and a different place than today. I have memory loss on 72 to 80 but I smile when I drift back that way.
Back to the rolling beer cart, it was an AMF bike and he never sanded that off and good thing. The local dealer traded him even for it about 5 years ago with a brand new Electraglide. He put that AMF bike in his collection. It still has weep holes.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
A very good friend, high school buddy went out and bought a 74/75 H-D Superglide and we put beers in his hard bags and drilled weep holes. Dripping at the traffic lights and the cops never pulled us because of it. The 70's into the early 80's was a different time and a different place than today. I have memory loss on 72 to 80 but I smile when I drift back that way.
Back to the rolling beer cart, it was an AMF bike and he never sanded that off and good thing. The local dealer traded him even for it about 5 years ago with a brand new Electraglide. He put that AMF bike in his collection. It still has weep holes.
I so agree about the 70s to early 80s being a different time, actually a wonderful time. The things we use to do and the police never bothered us, because we were not causing harm.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Good name. Reminds me of Tim O'Brien's album Traveller. It's a good one. Ride On...
And Chris Stapleton's album but most importantly it's a historical name. Robert E. Lee's horse was named Traveller.

The Robert E. Lee's horse is also for my buddy Rainman.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
And Chris Stapleton's album but most importantly it's a historical name. Robert E. Lee's horse was named Traveller.

The Robert E. Lee's horse is also for my buddy Rainman.
I was going to say, Traveller was R E Lee's horse for the Civil War duration and many a statue of them together. Hope your new steed treats you as well through all your journeys.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts