Unicorn Located and mine now !!!!! | Page 4 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Unicorn Located and mine now !!!!!

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by J.Wales, Dec 31, 2021.

1. J.Wales

J.Wales Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Vision
    Your humor does flatter though. Thanks all. I looked at the three wheeler rally up in South Dakota and true to my form I'll just ride up there alone and outside the dates where they're charging Park Place hotel rates because it's near Sturgis. I would like to go up to Spearfish and pass by Rylans place along the way. They call me Josey Wales and it's because I haven't a need to ride with a crowd and I'm always carrying. Same reason I rode Triumph Rocket III's and Norton's and old pre units. I ride to ride and I like riding with Rainman and STB and that's about it, oh, throw in a Mully from South Carolina. I don't typically even pass by a H-D dealers doors except in Pikeville, Ky. where I have a dear OLD friend and he's there everyday and loves that I ride a Vision so I'll def take this Crossbow by there. I will throw up my hand and say howdy out on the road to any and all Vic owners and we are numerous. At 65 the days are flying by and I find myself waking at 3 and 4 AM and thinking about the wasted days that I should have been riding. Wish I could put Black Sabbath on a trailer behind this yet unnamed Crossbow and just ride around but you can bet we will be seen on the Dragon, The Cherohala, The Parkway, Cherokee, Brushy Mountain Penitentiary, Aces and 8's and the Devil's Triangle all summer long.

• Like Like x 4
  2. J.Wales

Vision
    original_2db9d61a-f4ac-474e-a2a7-d30cf727a662_IMG_20210330_135312167_HDR~2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. J.Wales

Vision
    Two Visions are better than one. Black Sabbath and the yet un named red one. Phat Back ?

4. tomx31

tomx31 New Member

2013 Victory Vision Tour
    Love both bikes!
    I have a 2013 like your black sabbath and I love it.
    Having reverse like you have on trike would be real handy to have.
    Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  5. J.Wales

Vision
    Thanks TomX31. I always wondered what the electric reverse would be like but IMHO it's a neat gizmo BUT......it seems to be weak and only useful on flat paved terrain and it's oh so slow. Living in and around the Smokies you would be better off watching how you park like we all do now and not park nose down an incline unless your wife or girlfriend played linebacker in the NFL under an assumed name and she can push the Vision like a sled. The Vision is heavy enough but this Crossbow could use a winch front and rear. I'll just circle the parking lots until I get a shot at.an ideal spot . I'm anxious to see how the fuel consumption compares between the two. I may want to carry a siphon hose.

• Like Like x 2
  6. J.Wales

Vision
    Update on naming the Crossbow. In Appalachia the meat(mostly fat) on a hogs back is called fat back and it's the poor man's bacon. In keeping with my roots and the back end of my baby she'll tentatively named "Phat Back".

• Like Like x 2
  7. BrotherWind

BrotherWind Well-Known Member

Vision tour 10th anniversary. #90
    Yes these reverses are slow and limited. Nothing like my old GW. The GW was fast and strong
    These also have that hesitate/stop kind of movement. Helps but you definitely rather back in. That trike I could only imagine how almost useless it could be with that added weight, but she sure is a beauty.

8. J.Wales

Vision
    She's a beauty (Tubes song) and it was like I just joined a dating site and saw Raquel Welsh and said Hi and she immediately said come hither. Drop everything and run.

There's only one Raquel, and to me Phat Back is the only Crossbow.

9. tomx31

tomx31 New Member

2013 Victory Vision Tour
    J., got a good laugh out of your reply!!
    every so often I wind up with front down a bit and thought it would be a nice benefit to have the reverse.
    but I too, have become much more careful where I park
    you must get some great riding and scenery where u are!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. J.Wales

Vision
    Yeah, I don't want to date any woman that can push my bike uphill backwards. I'm fragile you know............

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. J.Wales

Vision
    Unicorn Update;
    I emailed Rylan at The Vic Shop and he advised that he typically doesn't see trikes but when he does, it's for clutch replacement and upgrade. That makes complete sense because I dark sided a Triumph Rocket III and the increased stresses applied to the drive shaft almost sheared the driveshaft splines off. So two tires sitting flat on the asphalt is way stressful. I'm not hard on clutches, but this makes sense so Barmett Scorpion basket in the future. Better buy a spare drive belt too.

A bike with 4000 miles on it built in 2013 probably needs a battery. I found out today that this Crossbow does. Also no trickle charge pigtail.

I called back to Lucky Penny Cycles and asked what oil the used when they changed it and I'm hearing crickets and never got a response so expect to do an oil change right away which I am doing.

This trike will be easy enough to work on underneath using ramps. I have two. Ramps come in pairs. Three wheels on this baby. Rainman has a set of ramps. Crisis averted.

More thoughts and news as I come upon it.

12. tomx31

tomx31 New Member

2013 Victory Vision Tour
    I agree completely!

13. J.Wales

Vision
    More observations and the FIRST RIDE today.

1). The battery can indeed be replaced on a Vision by pulling chin plate off. The Victory service manual says to do it this way.
    2). Changed the oil and filter and the oil was black and sludgy looking. Dealer lied. I would have changed it anyway and this isn't an oil thread.
    3) There's an air valve at the pillions right ankle for the rear suspension I assume.
    4) Due to the fact that it sits flat, filling it with oil is different and it did burp oil back out the fill orifice.
    5) Same for the gas as I normally burp Black Sabbath to get the most fuel in, flat footed there ain't no rocking this baby.
    6) It is positraction. If there's a My Cousin Vinnie moment.
    7) The lower wind deflectors work.
    8) This Vision Does Not Have Heated Seats.........major bummer.
    9) This trike will absolutely beat you to death. Steering the beast is a work out.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. BrotherWind

BrotherWind Well-Known Member

Vision tour 10th anniversary. #90
    Amazes me that dealers will lie about something so fundamentally simple and cheap as oil.

I always change my oil flat, standing in chock. ALWAYS takes exactly 4.5 quarts with filter.

I got rid of my GW trike because I hated the steering, not limited slip. It never felt right. It just wasn't fun not to be able to twist. Considered a convertible but found the Vision.

Best of luck and smooth riding. :pepper1:

15. J.Wales

Vision
    The new rubber on the front is a shinko so it gets reshod with a Dunlop E4 once it wears out.

I noticed some low speed wobble in the front end, like in first gear parking lot pullig out speed. On the highway it "drives" well but it's very touchy at speed. It will take getting used to.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 1