VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the an underdrive pulley from Conquest a while back and some Fly bars with Kuyrakyn grips too. I didn't have time to install them and got tired of them sitting around, so I took the bike to the dealer for installation. Overall, I'm happy with the result! The new gearing is where my Pin should always have been! It takes off like a BOH, and it's not lugging or rev'ed at posted speeds.

The new bars and grips look and feel nice, but definitely change the feel of the bike. Arm position is more comfortable and the thicker grips are also more comfortable. The bike seems a little more responsive to input, but I'm not sure if it's just perception or reality.

I have the pics of the bars along with a pic of how much the belt tension adjustment changed.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Where did you find the bars ? I love the way they look but I’m always unsure about arm position/comfort for my height and reach.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you find the bars ? I love the way they look but I'm always unsure about arm position/comfort for my height and reach.
I think that I found my bars on Ebay. So I have a mustang seat on my Pin and I'm 5' 11". My arm position is higher and my elbows are bent more, which makes slow turns easier and riding more comfortable. The feel is different that the stock bars, the width is about the same but my wrist/hand position changed slightly. Overall, I like them better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So your bike is complely stock ¿ that is the best mod you can do UD pulley,
I've been reading that and I would agree that it's a good place to start.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same bars and I want to swap out my grips for ones like you have.. I have the Ness grips and the throttle lock integrated and wasn't sure if just any grips would fit them or not.. which ones do you have on that? I have the same year and color pin btw. :)
The grips are from Kuryakyn; I don't remember the model #. I can't really say as to the fitment, but the Kuryakyn page should have that sort of info.

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put a UD pulley on my XC this past weekend. Love the difference, specially for being in the right gear and not always needing to clutch it. I'll keep the OEM one around for long trips. It won't make that much of a difference but when I'm traveling over 8k in a month, every bit of MPG adds up.
I agree, I don't have to really think about my rev's so much and definitely am clutching less! I'll have to see what I think about long trips, but so far my drive to work (~20mi) make me think I'll change back.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I agree, I don't have to really think about my rev's so much and definitely am clutching less! I'll have to see what I think about long trips, but so far my drive to work (~20mi) make me think I'll change back.
I'm an 80 or more rider and I was noticing closer to 3500. I got a GPS and seems over 5 off mph . I'm not afraid to wrench so might switch for trips. I do like it around town. Will take it into mountains soon, that's where I spend most my time anyway

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I've been reading that and I would agree that it's a good place to start.
If your bike is bone stock then it does not matter if you can go 200 or 180 kilometer hour .... And i have a UD pulley on my Souped-up jackpot, but coz my CCT is bone stock i think it would be better to install a UD pulley also ...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whoops, I meant to say "not change back"! I'm still enjoying the new gearing.

Reactions: CPT PYRO

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Whoops, I meant to say "not change back"! I'm still enjoying the new gearing.
Not many go back after installing it. Even if I did a ton of highway miles, I wouldn't change it back. It feels better (to me) at 85mph in 6th with the UD pulley.

Reactions: bassaholic

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Going thru the Colorado Rockies last week I wish I'd had an underdrive pully. I was either high revving or lugging.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.