VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
That is cool.
I was in the UK and Scotland last year and never saw a Victory.

Reactions: danapellerin

·
Registered
879 Posts
looks good. Those big ole cardboard box license plates though. Can't say anything good about them
You read my mind. I was gonna ask what the deal is with those enormous license plates?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Its so they can easily be seen and noted down if we commit a violation cars as well . Although on a bike we can get away with reducing the plate size by a couple of inches but for our yearly mot check we have to put back the large plate to pass then change again to the smaller one . Mine is 7 x 5 inches the smallest you can generally get away with and have never been pulled over yet .
I've also got my number plate on the side which in my opinion looks way better .

·
Registered
417 Posts
Reactions: victory_wayne

·
Registered
865 Posts
Its so they can easily be seen and noted down if we commit a violation cars as well . Although on a bike we can get away with reducing the plate size by a couple of inches but for our yearly mot check we have to put back the large plate to pass then change again to the smaller one . Mine is 7 x 5 inches the smallest you can generally get away with and have never been pulled over yet .
I've also got my number plate on the side which in my opinion looks way better .
So you get the smaller plate from your transit department or can you have one made up? I have a good friend from the UK rides a Vision we meet up once a year for riding/fun. This never came up in a discussion so I'm curious how it works. If you get the smaller plate from your transit, why would they have you put the larger one back on for inspection?

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
We have really small licence plates where i live, BUT by law we need to stick one up front also .... That is just soooo ugly ... So i don't ... So i got stopped a few times for that already ... Then i show a picture of his boss bike together with my bike, also without a licence plate upfront ... And i can get on my way ....

·
Registered
417 Posts
You can buy the smaller plates from ebay or other places on line to get round the legal bit they are sold as show plates and are only for private use not for on the road . If you do it right and dont go too small you can usually get away with it . The plate is smaller but the letters are almost the same size as the legal plates . If you get stopped you plead ignorance and say you will get a legal plate you will usually get away with it .

·
Registered
417 Posts
We have really small licence plates where i live, BUT by law we need to stick one up front also .... That is just soooo ugly ... So i don't ... So i got stopped a few times for that already ... Then i show a picture of his boss bike together with my bike, also without a licence plate upfront ... And i can get on my way ....
We used to have one up front in the sixties but were abolished as they were along the top of the front mud guard like a Mohegan they were considered dangerous to pedestrians if they were hit by the bike .

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
865 Posts
BUT by law we need to stick one up front also
WTH they expect you to mount it to, the front bumper grill??
States vary here in CONUS on whether a front plate is needed or not but they all at least (as far as I know) have a smaller plate for MC. I feel for you folks. A pretty bike with this big ole orange thingy sticking out.

·
Registered
865 Posts
If you get stopped you plead ignorance and say you will get a legal plate you will usually get away with it .
That all depends on the mood I guess. If they are understanding and you're cooperative, things usually go well. It's the argumentative type that typically get no breaks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
That all depends on the mood I guess. If they are understanding and you're cooperative, things usually go well. It's the argumentative type that typically get no breaks.
Exactly !! :work2:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yep me as well only ever seen two victories on the road in a two years , Nice to be exclusive :cool:

Reactions: DefiantBrian

·
Registered
417 Posts
Box hill is where I saw one of the victories , A red and white jackpot , very nice . Must look up Newlands corner .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.