Two questions from a newbie | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Two questions from a newbie

Discussion in 'Victory Hammer' started by specialk, Nov 19, 2020.

1. specialk

specialk New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    VIctory Hammer
    I am in the process of finding/purchasing a Hammer and have 2 questions...
    1) I see that some Hammers have a gap above the pistons/below the gas tank like this one: upload_2020-11-19_9-16-9.png Others, of the same year even, do not have the gap, like this one upload_2020-11-19_9-16-52.png . What fills that space? I have been looking at parts diagrams (always blow-ups of subsystems) and I have been unable to discern what it is.
    2) These photos show the oil cooler sitting in front of the frame immediately forward of the front piston. Later model years locate the oil cooler elsewhere (neater/cleaner look w/o it outside the frame.) What model year did it change? Where was it moved to (presumable just nestled up front somewhere inside the frame)?
    Thanks in advance for the info, and if anyone has a Hammer S to sell let me know.

2. PreachSF

PreachSF Well-Known Member

Bullitt (07 Hammer S w/ Jackpot front end)
    1) Factory Airbox (big black plastic piece) .. the other bike has an aftermarket Intake

2) changed in 2008

if you have Victory questions or need anything, even a bike ... give us a call at the shop , 561-715-9494 ( Conquest Customs ) . We have been working soley on Vics since 2005 and know them better than most

www.conquestcustoms.com

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. jedi-mcfly

jedi-mcfly Well-Known Member

2005 kingpin
    In order to possibly help you get the bike that fits your wants or you budget do you have a budget or a ceiling?

Pre 2008 bikes have an open fuel loop and bikes 2008 after have closed fuel loop configurations ...among other differences.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. specialk

specialk New Member

VIctory Hammer
    @PreashSF - Thanks for the info. You have some great builds/mods on you site! Will probably be in contact once I finalize on a bike for some touches. To that end... looking for a 2007, or 2011 or newer Hammer S. If you have anything let me know. Most of your mods - though awesome - are a bit beyond what I am looking for now... can grow/build into one though.

@jedi-mcfly - Budget - trying to stay under $7000 (maybe a touch more depending) for initial, basically stock purchase. Mods to follow. Regarding model year... The consensus from what I have read - and you probably know better - seems to be to stay away from ths post-2007 100's. Thus, another way of basically saying the same thing is 2007 or 2011 and newer. (Set me straight if off-base here.) To be honest, I am not familiar with the details of the distinction you make... open loop before 2008 and closed after. Are you referring to 02 feedback/sensors?

• Like Like x 1
  5. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Honda Valkyrie
    They lowered the compression on the 100's in 2008. 2011 is 106's with the updated transmission.

• Useful Useful x 1