VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda has released two new models for 2010.

Honda's NT700V is powered by 680cc V-Twin engine with shaft drive and is being billed as the only true lightweight touring bike on the market. It includes a fairing with an adjustable windscreen and integrated saddlebags and will be available in metallic silver and metallic red and retail for $9,999 (Okay, call it $10K) and will be available in November. An ABS model will be available in metallic silver only for $11K.

From Honda's Website:

Luxury Tourer or Upscale Commuter? Why Not Both?

Introducingthe Honda NT700V, newly arrived here in the U.S., and the perfectcombination of cross-town commuter and cross-country capability that'sbeen wowing Europeans for over a decade. Think of it this way: If theST1300 had a little brother, it would be the NT700V. Plenty nimble toeat up around-town urban assaults, and plenty plush and feature-packedfor the luxurious long haul.

From this machine's potent,liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 680cc V-twin, disc brakes (with optionalABS) and bulletproof shaft drive to its integrated saddlebags andweather-cheating adjustable windscreen and bodywork, the NT700V rollsout as the ultimate light-weight tourer/commuter for both entry-leveland seasoned riders alike. In other words, the best of both worlds.

Note: Larger image of specs in the Gallery: http://thevog.net/gallery/view/id_5907/field_time/title_2010-honda-nt700v/

Honda also introduced the Shadow Phantom. It's a blacked-out bike that features a 745cc engine and Honda's new Programmed Fuel Injection. It's available in black only and will retail for $8,000 when it shows up at dealers in November.

From Honda's website:

Atfirst glance, the similarities are clear: gorgeous, retro-inspiredlines. Low-slung saddle. Beefy V-twin engine. Yes, this machine isdefinitely a Honda Shadow. But it's unlike any Shadow you've seenbefore.

Presenting the all-new 2010 Honda Shadow Phantom.Check out the sleek, custom look, bobbed fenders, spoked wheels andblack rims highlighted amid blacked-out engine with satin-silveraccents that scream cool, old-school style. Dig deeper and you'll findthe first fuel-injected 745cc V-twin in the Shadow family. Best of all,you'll also find the incredible value that's made this model linelegendary.

Powerful. Stylish. Affordable. The Shadow Phantom. It's all new. And every bit a Shadow.

Note: Larger image of specs in the Gallery: http://thevog.net/gallery/view/id_5906/field_time/title_2010-honda-shadow-phantom/

Additional street model announcements are due around late Fall.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I really like the NT, it looks like a great starter tourer for the new people looking to get started (On their way to getting a Vision of course).

I think the Shadow Phantom will be very popular with the "Bobber" crowd.
Most of the custom shows and gatherings you go to now prove that the Bobber class is the biggest and most cutomized of all the catagories.

Are you watching Victory?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

The Shadow Phantom is a nice looking Motorcycle and would make a great starter bike at 745 CC and 8K is a great price point. I do like the look. It almost looks like a fat bob to me with smaller motor.
I would like to see Victoryget something like this but who knows looking to 2011 for that.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Shadow Panthom does look good. I just dislike the look of that honking radiator. It seems way to big for that size bike IMO. The other two are very nice and would guess they are fairly fast for a bike that weighs 562 LBS.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Holy crap Bubba we agree on something!!! I need to see somemore pics to be able to tell if that is all radiator or if it is split between radiator and oil cooler because if it is a radiator it looks biiger then my M109? I do like the touring bike, does any one else get the feeling Honda is going after BMW in the world market?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Damn, I agree with Mike too! See I knew we would find some common ground. I would add that it is not only Honda that doesn't have their own ideas but you could throw Suzuki and Kawasaki into that to. Historically the Japanese have been excellant at taking somebody elses idea and making them better but innovation andcreativity have always been there weak point.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
MONKEY666 said:
What's wrong with having an affordableBMW? Or a reliable liquid-cooled Sportster clone for 8G?
Bothof those bikes aren't gonna have backfiring issues either.
Nothing at all... But the F800 BMW that I think they are going after is within a couple of bucks. The BMW has the stronger motor inof the twoand the best braking system (optional).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.