VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two friends in Arizona that were HD riders. Both of them have been used for Harleys women rider videos. They are coming over to Victory after getting fed up with Harleys BS. One of them just ordered an XC. Her partner just bought an 09 Kingpin Low.
My incesant chattering about Victory didn't influence them one bit. ;)
Yeah!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Muy Bueno!! Everybody loves a success story. So - when does Victory grab these 2 stars & use them for a female video???? All's fair in love & motorcycle sales!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

kevinx01 said:
Did you say incest??
See what happens when you just skim a post? ;)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I guess I should remark that the challenge was around options. After having Road Kings they were looking at ordering new bikes but wanted something better suited for comfort and accomodating their verticially challenged status. The are both female riders and were getting frustrated with the limitations and cost to do so with Harleys line up. I think it's pretty brave for a seasoned HD rider to by an XC without having ridden one. She just sat on it and was sold. The other rode the Kingpin low and was quickly convinced. Comfort, style, power. What more is there to say?
I used to work with one of them and she is one of the most fun loving persons I know. Very fun to be around.
Victory is like heroin without the side effects.

·
Registered
807 Posts

I like to think that Victory is the choice of true enthusiasts who make an educated decision abouttheir rides, rather than just following the friends and neighbors who own whatever brand.
I chose my KP first because it was American made (not dissing any foreign makes, just a personal choice), and secondly because I don'tfeel as comfortable, ergonomically, on the other American breed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, I think it's great that we're getting more soldiers in the vic army. Like I posted in the chili cookoff thread, there were a TON of bikes at the show and I didn't see 1 vic. 99% HD. Kinda pissed me off. I think a big part about it is that not a lot of people know about vic. Glad we're all doing our best to get their name out there!!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

There's only 4 Vics that I know of in Hawaii. Could be more but really unknown. Zero Visions for sure. I've been struggling with HD dealerships ever since I've been riding and I can understand their grief with the, "rider set up"of HD's touring bikes for vertically challenged riders such as myself. Nothing seriously wrong mechanically with the bikes. The BS comes from the Hawaii dealerships. I'll just leave it at that.
I'll be converting to Vic I know for sure. I just have to be patient.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
ZZedmonds said:
I have two friends in Arizona that were HD riders. Both of them have been used for Harleys women rider videos. They are coming over to Victory after getting fed up with Harleys BS. One of them just ordered an XC. Her partner just bought an 09 Kingpin Low.
My incesant chattering about Victory didn't influence them one bit. ;)
Yeah!
Hey ZZ,

After seeing how you customized your bike to make it "Your Own," it in itself is a rolling billboard for Victory. I guess your "incessant chattering" didn't hurt either!

Congratulations to your friends on their new bikes and I hope they stop by the site to introduce themselves and post photos of their new bikes.

It would be a great to read about the differences they experienced in working with a Victory dealer vs. an H-D shop.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Gang!

Yes, it was Scott's incessant chattering that got me interested in Victory motorcycles and a ride on BellesAZ's Kingpin that put me over the edge. I have owned a Suzuki, a few Ducatis and of course, worked my way up the HD food chain. I took one ride on Belles bike and upon (reluctantly) returning, I stated "This is my next bike." Little did I know that declaration would be true in only a few short weeks. I love this bike. It has the horsepower I need (story for another day) great looks and a reasonable price. Plus, I have been assured that I won't leave pieces of my bike on the streets South Dakota (story for another day). But wait, it gets better! As Scott mentioned we have a Cross Country on the way. I feel like an expectant mother. Thank goodness the first delivery was fast. We have to wait until late November for our next bundle of joy! I got to see one in-person last weekend and all I can say is Holy Cow, Victory did it right. What a beautiful bike.

Andy, I will certainly offer my thoughts on the HD experience vs. Victory in terms of performance, value, dealership differences and overall ownership experience. Having been a HD gal for 13 years with well over 100k miles just on my HD's, I have a lot of experiences good and bad. I'm glad to share them.

It is great to be part of this community!

Darnel

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Darnell said:
Andy, I will certainly offer my thoughts on the HD experience vs. Victory in terms of performance, value, dealership differences and overall ownership experience. Having been a HD gal for 13 years with well over 100k miles just on my HD's, I have a lot of experiences good and bad. I'm glad to share them.

Darnel
Hey Darnell...Congratulations!

We're looking forward to your reviews and your opinions of your new ride.

Welcome to The VOG and to your new extended Family!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I've owned a lot of bikes over the years from many different manufacturers. I can't say I ever had a bad bike, some had problems both big and small but i'm waiting for my 3rd Victory to arrive in 11 years, until they stop looking forward I don't see a reason to change.

Being a Victory owner is somewhat being elitist, you won't see one on every corner and people will go out of there way to talk to you about them.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Excellent! I also have a guy at work that was all stoked about a Buell, then I started bringing him Victory "propoganda" He now wants a Hammer!! One of his buddies just bought a JP & he is very impressed. He wants more of a bar hopper type bike but I think once he really gets on a Vic, he will change his thinking.

He wants to impress everyone with his bike! LOL
No Brainer GET A VIC!

Be sure to have the ladies plug in here!!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
ZZedmonds said:
Victory is like heroin without the side effects.
I beg to differ- you, of all people, should be fully aware of the fact that once you have one, you're hooked... and there is never enough money to spend on them.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Darnell said:
Hey Gang!

Yes, it was Scott's incessant chattering that got me interested in Victory motorcycles and a ride on BellesAZ's Kingpin that put me over the edge. I have owned a Suzuki, a few Ducatis and of course, worked my way up the HD food chain. I took one ride on Belles bike and upon (reluctantly) returning, I stated "This is my next bike." Little did I know that declaration would be true in only a few short weeks. I love this bike. It has the horsepower I need (story for another day) great looks and a reasonable price. Plus, I have been assured that I won't leave pieces of my bike on the streets South Dakota (story for another day). But wait, it gets better! As Scott mentioned we have a Cross Country on the way. I feel like an expectant mother. Thank goodness the first delivery was fast. We have to wait until late November for our next bundle of joy! I got to see one in-person last weekend and all I can say is Holy Cow, Victory did it right. What a beautiful bike.

Darnel
Hey, anything I can do to help. Let's go ridin!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.