VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying towire insome after mkt signals on the rear and keep running into a problem. The bike is a 2006 Jackpot. The problem is, when I turn on the directionals, they cut out and stop working. If I wire the stock signals back in all is fine. I instaled a load equilizer and still same issue.The stock lights are 10w bulbs and the after mkt are 35w could that be the issue? Any help is appriciated.. (Other than keeping them stock.) =)

·
Registered
93 Posts
35 watts? That's pretty high for a turn signal. I put the Kuryakyn Silver Bullets on my wife's V-Star and they come with 20W lamps (the 35W are for the driving lights). A load equalizer is only needed if you're using LEDs where the load is too low to activate the flasher. Could it be the wattage of the new lamp? I'd try jerry-rigging the stock 10W lamps to the new lamp housings (a couple of lengths of small gauge wire should work for a temporary jumper lead) and if they still don't work you'll know you mis-wired something.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
I have read that Kuryakyn Silver Bullets do come with 20 watt bulbs and have to be switched to 10 watts in order for them to work properly on the Victorys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I rode at night last night for the first time, Do we not have running lights on the front turn signals? My last bike had them and it was kind of nice.

Is ther a conversion that does this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Got the L.E.D.s and all is working fine. ThanksI have seen a few pics of people having them mountedon the side af the fender and it looks prety good. Do most go through the tin or use the existing bolt/ hole for the mount?
(now just need to get the ones with dot approved lens.shhhh )

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
This won't make them work but any EFI system is very picky on power loads. The '99s hated anything and sometimes even if you used a load equalizer. In the owner's manual of my mother's '03 Buick Regal it explains that any lights added like for towing should be performed buy a dealer because of power load. First time I ever saw them say why. So many people think they say it just to get your money. If you ever had a remote start car or truck put in back a few years ago you know what I am talking about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.