VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again all. 2005 kingpin. All of a sudden, turn signals stopped. When I hit the button (running or not) the neutral light dims for a second and then goes back to normal. The turn signals or emergency flashers do not come on either side. The tail light works and the horn works. I checked the fuse and it's good. I swapped out the relay with the engine relay and everything else still works fine so I know it's not that. All stock. I had the seat off today and I unplugged the rear tail lights and the same result with both sides. Any ideas? I'm also not sure where the Flasher is located but I heard it might be in the headlight housing. I live in South Florida and 98% of the people don't use their blinkers anyway, I am a stickler for it so it really bothers me. I don't feel comfortable riding without them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
I'm a turn signal conservationist mostly because I don't like changing bulbs or blinker fluid. If I use it I'm serious about my turn....or I have a person following me that I want to know we're turning.

As for your issue this may be no help but...

On my 07 KP I had an issue with my right blinker not working. Turned out to be a break in the wire in the main harness between the neck of the bike and where the wires entered the headlight. If I pressed around in this area I could get them to work but as soon as I let go they'd stop.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hi again all. 2005 kingpin. All of a sudden, turn signals stopped. When I hit the button (running or not) the neutral light dims for a second and then goes back to normal. The turn signals or emergency flashers do not come on either side. The tail light works and the horn works. I checked the fuse and it's good. I swapped out the relay with the engine relay and everything else still works fine so I know it's not that. All stock. I had the seat off today and I unplugged the rear tail lights and the same result with both sides. Any ideas? I'm also not sure where the Flasher is located but I heard it might be in the headlight housing. I live in South Florida and 98% of the people don't use their blinkers anyway, I am a stickler for it so it really bothers me. I don't feel comfortable riding without them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
How did you break your arms?????? LOL

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
Drivers now days can't drive a stick or make a proper legal turn but you think they know hand signals. Lol!

It is amazing to me how many people believe driving is a right and not a privilege.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Drivers now days can't drive a stick or make a proper legal turn but you think they know hand signals. Lol!

It is amazing to me how many people believe driving is a right and not a privilege.
That's why I use gestures and sound. My mood of the moment dictates them. They understand them but not the turn signal electrical or manuel type. Ps i am driving stick and responding all while using signals lol

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
That's why I use gestures and sound. My mood of the moment dictates them. They understand them but not the turn signal electrical or manuel type. Ps i am driving stick and responding all while using signals lol
I've been known to use some gestures. :crackup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
flasher under right hand cover. There not cheap. look for broken wire under rear fender
I looked under the right cover but nothing there but the fuse box and a weird thing that a computer or something plugs into. I also had the back fender off and unplugged, so I know it's not anything back there. Soooo,,, would it be in the headlight bucket?

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
...have you used a circuit tester to see where you have power or not?
...I would also use some dialect grease in the connector plugs and disassemble the switch mechanism and clean the contacts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...have you used a circuit tester to see where you have power or not?
...I would also use some dialect grease in the connector plugs and disassemble the switch mechanism and clean the contacts
It must be getting power since the natural light dim just for a second when I turn blinker on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
wiring harness behind fuse box,take a boo my 01 v92sc stalled out at times could not figure out why,then my buddy and I noticed neutral light flickering so we chased the harness to that spot and sure enough found it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really? I' talking safety equipment for driving at night in South Florida, and your being snarky & a dick about it? Offering zero help but just a line to make yourself feel superior to someone for a second? I hope your pleased with yourself. I'm 44, can drive anything you put me in, and know my hand signals. Ass.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Are you assuming I don' know how to drive a stick or use hand signals? I use turn signals because it's the law, u can get stopped for not using them, WHY IN THE HELL would I take a chance on some1 hitting me when I have flashy thingies that make me stand out as to be safer? I learned on a stick diesel truck when I was 12 pulling boats out of family marina. Thanks 4 assuming because I use turn signals I am a lower caliber rider than you, but you would be wrong. I came here for help thinking I'd be welcomed, not belittled. Thank you for your help.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
Are you assuming I don' know how to drive a stick or use hand signals? I use turn signals because it's the law, u can get stopped for not using them, WHY IN THE HELL would I take a chance on some1 hitting me when I have flashy thingies that make me stand out as to be safer? I learned on a stick diesel truck when I was 12 pulling boats out of family marina. Thanks 4 assuming because I use turn signals I am a lower caliber rider than you, but you would be wrong. I came here for help thinking I'd be welcomed, not belittled. Thank you for your help.
Relax!

It was a joke. My comment wasn't even directed to you. It was a response to Mobear66. I didn't say anything about your driving.

I offered you help first but if you're this touchy about jokes said months ago I'll leave your threads alone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's was the four or five wires that go into the one red too the ign. Relay I'm surprised that the people who make these harnes's don't stretch them a little more really tight can't say the same about my ex

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.