VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Mine does this. Really annoying. I can't ever replicate this when needed to. I've noticed they seem to randomly act up after at least a hour of riding. I was thinking about picking up another auto cancelation module. But thinking it'll still do this. Hoping someone would figure this out.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
My '14 XCT has not had a problem with the blinkers what so ever, as a matter of fact there is a lot of times I just turn them off manually as I have already made the turn and no further need to have them flashing.....

They appear to stay on for an overly amount of time really.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just noticed this yesterday on my Gunner. Is there a preprogrammed timer on the turn signal? Sometimes I think I turn them on too early but yesterday I knew I hadn't when I made a turn.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
my 2012 never had an issue, traded it with 30,000 on it . but my 2014 just started doing it and i'm at 17 thou right now. up to this point i thought i just wasn't hitting it hard enough but now i see there's an issue across the board. this could surely be a safety issue as we all know using them is key. time to turn up the awareness with this situation !

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
just had some new tires put on the bike at the dealer and i mentioned that the blinkers may cut out early at times. they checked it out during the post mount road test and the mechanic did notice that it cancel out a bit prematurely but said that it wasn't uncommon with the vics or the indians for that matter. i've since put on a few hundred miles and now that i know whats happening it won't be an issue. i just check it more often and if i have to hit it twice , i will. since i have been monitoring this it hasn't cut out early after the second hit yet,,, i hope i didn't just jinks it ,,,lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is the auto cancelling not related to vehicle speed..? Example turning left at a stop come round the corner change up to 2nd they cancel. I've noticed around the 60km/h mark they don't operate for a long period of time. I always assumed it was because the speedometer is capable of both MP/H and KM/H. So back in the motherland doing 60mp/h you would only be changing lanes on the highway and not require a long duration..
I could be way off here tho.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.