Turn signal question | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Turn signal question

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Serge.Levi, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Serge.Levi

Serge.Levi New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Kingpin
    Hello all,
    I recently purchased my first Victory (Kingpin, 2006).
    The previous owner had it slightly overloaded having installed extra luggage, resulting in a condition where some wires under rear fenders got stripped and shorted. I fixed the wire harness and most of the functions were restored except for the right turn signal. Neither front nor back work. The indicator flashes rapidly when the right signal is turned on. I checked both light bulbs and they are fine.
    Before the turn signal quit working, the canceling function quit. Few days after that the right turn signal quit.

Could it be signal canceling module? And if so, is there a way to trouble shoot it without having to spend $100 by bringing it to the dealership? Or, is there a way to by pass the module all together and manually turn off the signal?
    Appreciate any tips you can offer.

2. Ultimate Victory

Ultimate Victory New Member

2008 Victory Kingpin
    Do a search on the forum here for ACM trouble. Sounds like that is what has happened to you. I have had my wires stripped a couple times, never had one go out thankfully. I am not sure you can bypass this as it runs more than the indicators. There is a light flash sequence in the manual that will tell you if there is a short. You can search around and find the manual free to download on the web. i found mine on the victory forum.

Witchdoctors sells a plate that will solve this problem. I purchased one and haven't had the issue since. Even if you are particular about setting the suspension, you will find that one bump that will bottom out sometimes.

Search these forums. It has all happened before it seems, ha.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CandyAppleRed

CandyAppleRed Active Member

2005 Victory Vegas
    Do you have a volt meter? You can test the output and pray to god it's not the ACM. They run $350.00

4. Serge.Levi

Serge.Levi New Member

Victory Kingpin
    I have a voltmeter but not the schematic. Where is the ACM located? Can it be bypassed?
    If anyone has this info, it would be kindly appreciated.

5. Ultimate Victory

Ultimate Victory New Member

2008 Victory Kingpin
  6. salty1

salty1 New Member

2007 kingpin
    Did you ever resolve your problem? I'm experiencing the same thing on my 07 Kingpin.