VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Norseman Performance posted this on FaceBook.

Well here it is, your world's first turbo TS111 Indian at only 9psi! This thing has so much more in it it's crazy, unfortunately the clutch starts slipping at 3.35k rpm due to the rate at which it's making power. It makes this pull in 3.75sec.....beyond wild. Hopefully with a few more clutch upgrades/invention it will hold the power. Thank you Those Dyno Guys we definitely put the meanest Indian in the world on the road!

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Yikes! That’s some serious power in a very nice looking graph. Nearly as much as a stock 106 with a supercharger. I think I remember seeing those numbers just shy of 200.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
In the notes it looks like a built up 117 with what I assume is a big mutha fuking turbo. A Vic 116 will put you well over 200 and I suspect without a slipping clutch this thing will too. I do like forced induction and a motor like this would be a great drag bike. On the street it sure would be nice to be able to rev that kind of power for a few thousand more rpm.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
A couple other points, which are meaningless really but what else we got to talk about? The run was done in STD, most of the graphs we post here are run in SAE. Also if you look at the last 100-200 rpm’s something funny happens there, probably clutch related. Whatever the case, I don’t think the motor picks up 15 hp in the last 200 rpms, I think we have a dyno anomaly here, tire slip, clutch grab, something. Estimating those curves staying on their trajectory like normal numbers would be more like 170 tq and 155 hp in SAE. Still big #’s. Now to go the other way, remove clutch slip after 3500 and even if tq peaked at 3500 that would still raise the hp number at redline. To get an hp number higher than the tq number it has to be able to rev past 5250 though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.