VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I’m trying to tally up price to switch to the Lloydz filter and tuner I was recommended the Pcv tuner because it has more options but it’s not listing one for a 08 vision starts at 09. Just trying to figure price for the dyno the tune and the filter or doing cams timing wheel and everything at once probably won’t do exhaust as I like it quiet

·
Registered
865 Posts
You're better off, if you can, doing all of it at once so you don't have to go through multiple re-tunes. I thought I was done, but changed my head pipes back to a set with CATS in them so need another tune to get it right.

I can't swear to the differences in the years. I would think they are the same. PCV one would need a timing wheel to get timing adjusted below 2500 RPM because the PCV can't do that. Maximus you don't need the wheel but I have heard mixed reviews on it. Some tuners don't like using it. But some folks really like it. Either way, the only way to get a good tune is by having someone Dyno Tune it. Remote tuning will only get you so far, but for many, that is good enough.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve been calling around I’m not planning on doing it now but my dyno shops aren’t to familiar with the victory one said they recommend a tuner called techno research direct link. They quoted me $690 if I installed the timing wheel cams and air filter and order the tuner I want to run stock exhaust they said they would have to weld bungs in to bypass the cats there is a lot more to this then I was aware this will add up real quick

·
Registered
865 Posts
I've been calling around I'm not planning on doing it now but my dyno shops aren't to familiar with the victory one said they recommend a tuner called techno research direct link. They quoted me $690 if I installed the timing wheel cams and air filter and order the tuner I want to run stock exhaust they said they would have to weld bungs in to bypass the cats there is a lot more to this then I was aware this will add up real quick
If you had or have O2 sensors, the port is already here. Technoresearch I believe is who makes the Maximus tuner. I am curious as to why they would want a timing wheel put in it. 801 Motoworx in Salt Lake city can do remote tune for the Maximus. I can imagine, with the unit and the tune, it might run about that number (others will chime in) but with the Maximus, there is no need for a timing wheel. So, IMO, if you're dealing with someone who calls for a timing wheel with the Maximus by Technoresearch, move on to a better dyno tuner.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
what are you trying to accomplish and where are you located? we can help point you in the right direction (or nearest guru).

I didn't do mine "all at once", but I did plan it out so I got the most bang for my buck without a bunch of trial and error or retunes (learned a lot from this forum by reading reading reading and asking appropriate questions). Disclaimer, I do not have cams. Here's what I did.

These three items did not require a tune....
1) unplugged O2 sensors
2) installed K&N front filter
3) installed aftermarket mufflers (you can skip this step)

Then I purchased these items as funds allowed
4) Timing Wheel
5) PCV (found a great deal on a "used" one on flea-bay....box was opened, but never installed)
6) Lloydz Top Filter

Once 4-6 were obtained, I installed them all at once and got a canned map from TVS to load into the PCV.

7) Rode the bike for a short while on the canned map while I saved $ for a dyno tune

8) Got a proper dyno tune at a local shop (approx $250)

All of the above was less than $1,000 for me....but the best part was, I shopped for deals and held off on the parts that I knew couldn't be added without others.

Since you are not doing mufflers, I bet you could get everything (whether you go Maximus or PCV & Wheel) for $800-$900 total.

btw - I do plan on adding cams at some point (hopefully next time KevinX is in AZ), but I know that will be something else I will have to save up for.

Reactions: Deltaflash

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
I've been calling around I'm not planning on doing it now but my dyno shops aren't to familiar with the victory one said they recommend a tuner called techno research direct link. They quoted me $690 if I installed the timing wheel cams and air filter and order the tuner I want to run stock exhaust they said they would have to weld bungs in to bypass the cats there is a lot more to this then I was aware this will add up real quick
They are talking about the Maximus tuner which has become very popular and is a great choice. A perk with it is you don't need a timing wheel. Unlike PCV the Maximus can adjust it at all rpms.

Direct Link: Maximus - Victory

MAXIMUS for Victory - TechnoResearch

I would not let a shop so my tune that hasn't done several Vics. You can even put it on yourself and do a remote tune with one of the shops recommended here... Can't remember which one right now. Basically they send you a laptop and you and they get your bike tuned remotely as you ride in real world conditions.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they werent saying i needed the timing wheel just figured id get more gain by having it and its a easy install im just going to start looking for the stuff little by little as i just got the vision so going to enjoy it for a bit but want the stuff when i decide to do it im located in greeley colorado about 45 minutes from denver i would like to get some more power out of this beast. i know it has more in it im not looking to do anything crazy but if im going to pay to get it dyno might as well make it worth my time and money

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
they werent saying i needed the timing wheel just figured id get more gain by having it and its a easy install im just going to start looking for the stuff little by little as i just got the vision so going to enjoy it for a bit but want the stuff when i decide to do it im located in greeley colorado about 45 minutes from denver i would like to get some more power out of this beast. i know it has more in it im not looking to do anything crazy but if im going to pay to get it dyno might as well make it worth my time and money
With the Maximus you will completely waste your money by putting on a timing wheel. Go Maximus and spend that timing wheel money elsewhere.

Reactions: ljurgens

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
If I were you I'd go with the TechnoResearch Maximus tuner. Call 801 MotoWorx | Best Motorcycle Mechanic in Utah | Built in Salt Lake City and talk to them.

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Whether you choose to go with the Maximus or the unmentioned Power Vision cx (manufactured for Dynojet, the same folks that offer the PCV or PowerComander 5), they both offer far more versatility in tuning a bike than the PCV. And, as noted above, the Timing Wheel is not necessary with either of the Magnus or the Powervision cx. My choice was the Powervision cx but either should provide what you're looking for. Remember one other thing, it is the person doing the tuning that is probably the most important item in the process.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so what does remote tuning mean that you figure up the correct tune based on the stuff that is installed and send the tune to download how close can it be to what a actual dyno tune is ive dicked with jetting issues for years because of performance mods made on my carb roadstar and id rather it be dead nuts the first time being i plan on riding states away on this bike

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
so what does remote tuning mean that you figure up the correct tune based on the stuff that is installed and send the tune to download how close can it be to what a actual dyno tune is ive dicked with jetting issues for years because of performance mods made on my carb roadstar and id rather it be dead nuts the first time being i plan on riding states away on this bike
You'll send them the data and they adjust the tune and update the map.

Many are saying this is better than a dunno because it is being done off real world conditions and not a static run.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Since you are planning on taking long trips, you could also consider riding to 801 Motoworks, they are not too far from you (Salt Lake City).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I send you a complete kit. Consists of laptop for remote access, wide band sensors and processor kit for temporary install and true data collection in real riding conditions...not controlled room environment, tools for the temporary install, zip ties...so basically everything needed.

After temporary install, I will log in, set base configurations (AFR table, rev limits, timing adjustment, and preliminary fueling) on ECU, then collect, filter process and create a reflash several times after logging data from actual rides. Once bike is dialed in, a final ECU flash is created and flashed into your ECU. The temporary kit gets removed and your OEM goes back in. Send back tuning kit minus the Maximus as that is yours, but no longer needing to stayed connected to your bike. And Enjoy.

Will even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If not happy with the tuning services once completed, I will reflash your bike back to its original state no no traces of tuning left behind, send back Maximus and tuning kit. Once all received, I will refund 100% of your Costs for Maximus and Tuning services.

If it something you want to do, call 832-473-2959 or email [email protected] to be placed on remote tuning schedule.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I send you a complete kit. Consists of laptop for remote access, wide band sensors and processor kit for temporary install and true data collection in real riding conditions...not controlled room environment, tools for the temporary install, zip ties...so basically everything needed.

After temporary install, I will log in, set base configurations (AFR table, rev limits, timing adjustment, and preliminary fueling) on ECU, then collect, filter process and create a reflash several times after logging data from actual rides. Once bike is dialed in, a final ECU flash is created and flashed into your ECU. The temporary kit gets removed and your OEM goes back in. Send back tuning kit minus the Maximus as that is yours, but no longer needing to stayed connected to your bike. And Enjoy.

Will even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If not happy with the tuning services once completed, I will reflash your bike back to its original state no no traces of tuning left behind, send back Maximus and tuning kit. Once all received, I will refund 100% of your Costs for Maximus and Tuning services.

If it something you want to do, call 832-473-2959 or email [email protected] to be placed on remote tuning schedule.
What does this kit run price wise for the kit

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.