VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to buy about 1200.00 worth of parts for my Hammer, things like mirror, pegs, shift lever etc and being new to the Victory owners world, I was wondering if there are any sources that sell at any discount at all from retail or are genuine Victory replacement parts only available at full price? Thanks in advance for any advice.

T

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Are you looking for Pure Victory accessories? If you are there is not as much markup on them as people might lead you to believe, so discounts are far and few between. Anything more then 10% and I cant see how a dealer could keep his doors open unless he is charging you for the install and making it up there.
Looking at the parts you listed above you probably could go with some aftermarket companies or even Ness. Ness typically has a closeout section with some pretty nice parts heavily discounted.
Just remember Victory is fairly new so allot of companies do not list the parts to fit a Victory, it doesnt mean they won't fit. If you have a J&P cycles by you bring your bike up there and you will find a ton of parts that fit.
Don

·
Registered
444 Posts
Check out Amazon.com. There is a Vic dealer that sells most all of the Victory part thru Amazon and it is a nice discount. usually about 10%. An example would be the luggage rack for the cross bikes is normally 499$ from Victory. His price is $449.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Call ELDORADO CYCLE, 417-876-5342. Ask for Doug in parts. They discount parts20% all day every day. Best dealer I have ever dealt with. Their shipping is fast and very reasonable. Tell Doug thatSteve said to call. P.S. The owner is Randy and trust me he wants to sell bikes and he will deal with you!

·
Registered
467 Posts

Find the largest dealer in your area and get to work....most have a closeout section.
All those $500/$1000/$2500 rebates on new bikes actually go towards a parts credit for the dealer, so there's plenty of discount to be rec'd longer term. Really depends on how the dealer redeems them...
In my case, I bought $2500ish worth of parts and they cut the labor by 50% in additional to some killer pricing on closeout stuff. I was actually quite shocked as they were WAAAAAAAY under my own estimate. Figured I saved around $700....
Overall, I totally agree with your point. Certainly would be nice if more dealers were into playing "Pimp My Ride". The challenge is most dealers really aren't set-up for customization. They have "new sales", then the "parts department" and the "service department" which are all generally run by (3) different people with their own P&L. How cool would it be to have one saleguy who was pushing pimpage....
After my little stint above (which went well), I'm writing a letter to Victory about the experience. While positive...it could be MUCH MUCH better and everyone involved (minus me) would make more money if they were more into tapping into the existing customer who wants more bling on the bike.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the quick replies and advice. MY first Vic and its really awesome how helpful and friendly the Victory community is on these forums. Normally, I like to support my local dealer and build a relationship with them, but the only Victory dealer in the Buffalo, NY area lost their franchise so now the closest dealer is over 100 miles away in PA. If anyone has any of these parts for sale in undamaged condition please PM me. Thanks everyone!

T

SIGNAL-INC,REAR,LH (left rear turn signal assy)

ASM-MIRROR,LH,CHR([UK] ) Left side mirror)
2633549-156

LEVER-HAND,CLUTCH,POL (clutch lever)
5135586-410

PEDAL-SHIFT LEVER,MACHINED,SLV (shifter)
5136122-385

SUPT-FOOTPEG,PASS,LH,BLK (lefthand passenger footpeg support bracket)
5137313-266 (replaces5134196-266)

CVR-STRUT,250,LH,CAST,CHR (chome piece on left side fender)
5631839-156

COWL-SEAT,RED (snap on cover over passenger seat, Red metalflake)
5435331-520

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like you did what I did to my vegas. Forgot to put down the kickstand at the gas station... what a dummy... Hopefully it wasn't something worse!!

I bit the bullet and just ordered some stuff from the dealership. I got raped. It was impossible to find a replacement clutch lever for the hydraulic clutch cheap online.

Now I'm looking for passenger pegs and brackets cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JimVarney01 said:
Sounds like you did what I did to my vegas. Forgot to put down the kickstand at the gas station... what a dummy... Hopefully it wasn't something worse!!

I bit the bullet and just ordered some stuff from the dealership. I got raped. It was impossible to find a replacement clutch lever for the hydraulic clutch cheap online.

Now I'm looking for passenger pegs and brackets cheap.
I'd take credit where it was due for dropping it, but the honor in this case belongs to my older brother (we share a 2 family home) who never rode a bike in his life. He needed to get a large storage trunk out of the garage and the bike was in the way. He figured he would simply roll it out of the way and the rest is history. To be fair to him, He did ask me to either get the trunk out for him or move the bike, but I had forgotten and left without doing it. Anyhow, I am sure I will be ordering the parts from a dealer but being laid off right now, I figured it wouldn't hurt to post a list in case anyone had something used and in good shape.

T

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK, I'm the only dummy!! I deserve it, HA!

The biggest mistake I made was going to a new set of mirrors from ebay. They looked really sweet, like the RAD III ness mirrors but even with loctite and tightening real tight, the mounts didn't stay put. I got fed up riding down the road and having a mirror start turning in the screw hole...

Unfortunately (and I'm still putting off a bunch of purchases due to funds) I think the best way is to get real replacement parts from vic, used vic parts from another rider, or 3rd party REPUTABLE parts from the likes of cycleops or witchdoctors or one of the other good shops.

·
Registered
330 Posts
JimVarney01 said:
OK, I'm the only dummy!! I deserve it, HA!

The biggest mistake I made was going to a new set of mirrors from ebay. They looked really sweet, like the RAD III ness mirrors but even with loctite and tightening real tight, the mounts didn't stay put. I got fed up riding down the road and having a mirror start turning in the screw hole...

Unfortunately (and I'm still putting off a bunch of purchases due to funds) I think the best way is to get real replacement parts from vic, used vic parts from another rider, or 3rd party REPUTABLE parts from the likes of cycleops or witchdoctors or one of the other good shops.
Mirrors are tough to buy online, there's a lot of really cheap crap out there that looks good in pics but in the end they're garbage.
For anyone who doesn't know yet, we're now carrying some of the highest quality CNC'd billet mirrors you'll ever find, and with the best locking mechanism I've seen to date. The deep machining gives an incredible amount of detail and somewhat of a 3D look to them. THe views are excellent too as the faces are big enough plus the arms put them up and out from the stock mirrors allowing a better view behind you than most. Beauty and function for a change. Having run a set of the Flaming Skullson my bike for 3 years now I can personally attest to your complete satisfaction like I have enjoyed. Here's just a tease or two, but you can see more on our site here:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.