VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, curious if anyone has come up with a fix for the vision trunk rattling sound. My buddy also has a vision number 81 and I have a tour deluxe and they both have this on anything but the smoothest road. I commute on mine and need the trunk. thx Scott

·
Registered
126 Posts

There is a fix and I can't remember whether I've seen it here or VRN. It entails taking the U-bolts OFF and attaching them to either a 2x4 or steel plate. Once off and secured, you can then squeeze the vertical parts of the U-bolt closer together that in turn brings the top of the U closer to the trunk. DO NOT ATTEMPT this while the U-bolts are still attached to the trunk - you will not be a happy camper. These must be removed to make this adjustment and don't over do. This is a good fix and does make the rattle much better!
VVVet

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
scotthuff said:
Hey people, curious if anyone has come up with a fix for the vision trunk rattling sound. My buddy also has a vision number 81 and I have a tour deluxe and they both have this on anything but the smoothest road. I commute on mine and need the trunk. thx Scott
2 step process recall from Polaris
Dealer first installs felt strips, you go for a ride, tell him your not happy, then they install 2 rubber bumpers on either side of the light switch that is on the trunk lid.
Problems goes away......almost.
there is still a faint rattle......I crank the stereo to avoid listening to it.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I did this and it did help, Open the trunk and look on the oposite side of where the lights and trim is . You will see rubber grommets in the plastic. Remove them and get an allen wrench to tighten the bolts inside. I think there are 6 of them total. Dont over tighten them but just snug them real good. What it does is tighten up the trim around the lights, as well as the lights themselves. you would be surprised at how much rattle you get from these areas. Putting the grommets back is a little chore, but not to bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts

A buddy of mine had that happen to his 2008 Tour Premium. After having the dealer go through it all he found a fix on one of the blogs that included pulling out the trunk lights and lining all of the edges with electrical tape and the lid edges. The rattle noise went away andyou don't see the tape anywhere.

·
Registered
274 Posts
What I did was remove the small plates under the U latchs. But the problem is the hinge. I had a passenger on the back hold down the lid (lightly) right above the hinge on the right side and it stops, like right now. I think thats why the dealers are having trouble fixing it. It looks like the hinge is pop rivited with no washers in between causing a wierd squeak rattle. If someone else could have a passenger do the same on thier bike and post a response if it works with thiers we might be on a way for a fix!

·
Registered
814 Posts

Dain said:
What I did was remove the small plates under the U latchs. But the problem is the hinge. I had a passenger on the back hold down the lid (lightly) right above the hinge on the right side and it stops, like right now. I think thats why the dealers are having trouble fixing it. It looks like the hinge is pop rivited with no washers in between causing a wierd squeak rattle. If someone else could have a passenger do the same on thier bike and post a response if it works with thiers we might be on a way for a fix!
I read on "Vision Riders" where someone recommended not removing those small plates under the U latches because it puts stress on the plastic that would eventually cause cracking. I can't verify this but thought I'd let you know. Seems like the only real fix for now is the squeezed U latch trick. It sure would be nice if there was an adjustable latch out there, you'd think Victory or someone in the aftermarket would come up with something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.