True American Road Trip site is live! | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

True American Road Trip site is live!

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Drino, May 28, 2010.

1. Drino

Drino New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    09 Cory Ness Signature Jackpot, 2010 Cross Country, 2014 Vision Tour
  2. bored76

bored76 Well-Known Member

2010 Vic XR
    Can't wait to see pic's and read the stories from all the winners. Should be some great rides.

3. FishWitch

FishWitch New Member

Start clickin dahling & ya won't be bored ;)

4. UK_Paul

UK_Paul Well-Known Member

Vegas 2009

I'm off to take a look now.....
    Paul.

5. NorCal

NorCal New Member

I just went through and read a few of the stories. I was expecting some reviews of the Cross bikes and all I found was people talking about the routes they have ridden.

What gives with this? Where are the reviews? I'd like to see how the road trip riders feel about the wind management, handling, comfort, comparisons to the rider's current bike, etc.

So Fishwitch, can you tell us how the wind management on the Cross Country you are riding compares to your Kingpin? We've read so much about the need to swap out the stock windshield with a taller one and the need for lowers to deflect the dirty air. Do you feel these are a necessary changes or is the CC good to go out of the box? Did the factory provide you with a bike with a taller shield or do you have the stock one on your loaner?

6. Drino

Drino New Member

09 Cory Ness Signature Jackpot, 2010 Cross Country, 2014 Vision Tour
    The first page is the overview of the trips. If you click on the red menu bar for Trip 1, Trip 2, etc - you'll go into the blog for that trip and this is where the goodies are (blog, videos and photos). I have about 12 videos to post from the first road trip, some of which contain commentary on performance, comfort, handling, etc.

The goal of the True American Road Trip is for the 10 riders to bring back stories of the road, and through videos and photos take other riders along with us. I see it as kind of a travel show, only on Victory Motorcycles. :)

I will comment on the buffeting: It can get pretty bad at 65 / 70, especially in a cross wind. Catches me on the top of my helmet and at times gets to shaking my helmet so much I see double. From what I've read it seems air coming up around the tank contributes to this. Haven't changed out the windshield so can't say if that helps - some say it does, some say it doesn't. Apparently someone has come up with deflectors around the highway bars and they're supposed to help, but I don't have them so can't really say. I can only say that there is buffeting which makes a highway cruise irritating, and I've yet to find a 'sweet spot' where it's less noticeable.

Hope you enjoy the site!

Jayne