Trucks | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Trucks

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by [email protected], Jan 19, 2018.

1. K1ll3m@LL

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Victory Cross Country
    So the other day we got to talking about trucks in another thread, figured I'd start one. I am a Ram man myself had an 04 2wd with 240k and now on 14 4wd. The main reason I wanted to start it is the 2019 Ram is getting a lot of updates and I for one like it a lot. What do you guys have and what do you want or would like to see in the future of your favorite brand?

• Like Like x 3
  2. K1ll3m@LL

• Like Like x 2
  3. K1ll3m@LL

• Like Like x 1
  4. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    I've got a 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum 4x4. Up to 24k miles now and it's job is to pull my boat. It has everything I need but if I won the lottery I would certainly love to get a 2018 Ford Limited. It's crazy what's on trucks now days but mine having 4x4, electric running boards, leather, heated and cooled seats, heated rear seat, and a Clifford remote start system has me satisfied.

I'm running some MotoMetal wheels wrapped with 33x12.50 D!ck Cepek tires.
    WP_20130127_003.jpg

I would also be very willing to take a Shelby F-150.
    656059924ef69800ef953afef92ef6abx.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  5. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    I put a pic the other my Honeys 16 ram with a hemi but I gotta be honest I don’t drive it or care to she likes trucks and uses it to pull her camper. It’s a good lookin truck don’t ride bad either. I drive a peterbilt all day so I hate pick ups cross overs and suv,s by the end of the day I’m trucked out lol But again she loves it she drove them all and picked the ram in her words IT LOOKS LIKE A TRUCK SHOULD

6. WHITE_VIC

WHITE_VIC Well-Known Member

Victory cross country
    I'm kind of along the same lines. I drive a delivery truck all day and prefer to drive a car at the end of the day. Now I do own a 99 Silverado with something like 287k on it and an olds bravada, which is an SUV. But, I prefer to take the park avenue. I kinda wished I would have bought my dad's late 90's Dodge 1/2 ton with only a little over a 100k instead of the Silverado. The main reason is because I hate the 6" lift. It's about the dumbest thing you can do to a truck that stays on tar all day. The Dodge just needed the intake gasket replaced.

I don't know why most people buy trucks. Most of them haul absolutely nothing. Back when I did drywall, I could guarantee I loaded more stuff into my cars than most people would with their trucks. The perfect vehicle would be a station wagon. You can haul a bunch, but still ride nice like a car usually does.

7. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    Still have my 2008 Ram Laramie and lovin' it. The wife asked me if I was ready for a replacement and I suprised her by saying no. This truck has only needed the regular services and has never had an issue. Even at 104K miles I just now did my second alignment and all is good. It is easy on tires, tracks true, runs really well and strong (not fully stock) and mileage is fine for me. Plus it still looks good and is comfortable to me. And, of course, it's been paid for for almost 9 years. I plan to take this one into retirement.

If anything does ever happen, I will pull the Hemi, have some fun with it at a good builder and put it back as a sleeping giant killer.

I'm not particularly brand loyal, but I just love this truck.

8. topcat

topcat Active Member

2011 Kingpin
    Where I live need a truck to be a truck, not an oversize passenger car.
    This is my 2007 Ford 4x4 with plow. I have always liked Ford cars and trucks.
    upload_2018-1-19_21-10-56.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jenkins

jenkins Active Member

2012 Victory CCT
    2014 F150 Lariat 4x4 in red and 3.5 Ecoboost. 33k with zero problems, so far. When shopping for the truck, I considered Chevy. Wrote it off, as I did not like the front end hunt and peck suspension steering looseness that I experienced on 2 different used Silverados. Hope they have changed the problem on the new ones. Considered the Ram, especially in the 3.0 liter diesel. Found the high hood dimensions hid my view of the roadway too much to accept. It becomes super important when trying to turn around in tight quarters. There was some concern with the long term dependability of the exhaust system components for the new Diesel engine, at the time. Ordered the super crew Ford and extremely happy with my choice. Used as a truck, constantly. Pull an rv 22 ft trailer couple times a year and utility trailer couple times a week. Has plenty of power, when needed, and gets great gas mileage, as long as you stay off the twin turbos. Cons- does not have that sweet V8 sound. Extremely pleased. Regards, Jim

10. VSprocket

VSprocket Member

2012 Sunset Red CCT
    I have a 2012 Ram BH in Sage Brush Pearl. Unique color for that year and love it. I guess the 2019 style would have to grow on me a bit. Like topcat, I too loved the Fords (put 210K on a Ranger) and was very close to buying another Ford. The Ram's interior for that year and package was just so much nicer.

Money is tight right now (bike stuff) and it was the wifes turn to get a vehicle so I'm 5 years away. I predicted when I'm ready to buy again all 1500's will be HO 4 bangers.

11. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    2017 Toyota Tundra 4 door 8' bed. Pulls our 6,000 lb RV OK. Thinking about putting air bag overloads on rear and hauling motorcycle along. Mileage not that great, 17 hyw 10 towing.

12. CCTRudy

CCTRudy Well-Known Member

2013 CCT
    1971 Chevy K20 with a 350 & 4-speed. It is only used for hauling wood and pulling the trailer and tractor. I bought it in 1983 when working in North Dakota and don't use it in the winter because of the salt. A nice looking garage queen that is really fun to drive. In low range and creeper gear it has all the power you need but you better not be in a hurry.
    At the Dream Cruise I get guys telling me it is from the days when trucks were trucks.
    You guys with 6 cyl 150s or RAM 1500s could pull me backwards and haul more than my 3/4 ton but it looks tough and sounds good too.
    I'll put up a picture when I get one on this machine.

• Like Like x 5
  13. DBbear127

DBbear127 Active Member

2009 Victory Vision Tour Premium
    2011 F150 King Ranch Ecoboost 4x4... 195xxx, runs and pulls like a beast! Zero issues...

• Like Like x 2
  14. big jim

big jim Active Member

2017 Cross Country 2000 FXST
    2001 GMC Sonoma 4cyl 5speed lowered 4 inches all the way around 106xxx miles. It’s a great truck for retrieving broken down Harley’s. Don’t even need a ramp

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BBob

BBob Well-Known Member

11 XC, 04 KP
    Well stated and I agree; a lot of people don't use their trucks as trucks. Sure is nice to have though and when you need one; you need one. I have an 01 F150 CrewCab Lariat with the biggest V8 they came with at the time (5.4L) I had a modern double-din stereo with 7" display and backup camera for a grand total of $300 to update it. It made a big difference in how new it felt. It doesn't get a lot of miles though because I prefer to ride one of the bikes and my little Saturn needs some miles to keep the battery charged up and the seals in good shape.

I actually prefer an SUV with back seats that pretty much disappear so there's this big area in back for my dogs or whatever and it's protected from prying eyes and the elements. Something with a substantial engine can have a tow hitch for limited weight pulling like a bike or small utility trailer so they you have the benefit of a truck when you really need it. The big SUV's will pull larger travel trailers and the family. The 4 door truck is second best though.

I guess the SUV's are the modern day station wagon.

• Like Like x 1