Trucks and what we do to them. | Page 6 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Trucks and what we do to them.

Discussion in 'Garage' started by VicVisionBulldog, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Poseidon

Poseidon Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2016 Victory Magnum 2013 Suzuki M109R.... 2017 Kawasaki Concours
    In case someone wanted to do shots? :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    Well yall have been no help on my winch upgrade so I've been forced to go with my top want and get the Ultrahook. Im going to wait until Ebay gives a discount code though so I can hopefully save some coin. Im going for the Ultrahook with the rope guard for complete rope protection.

Am I really strange for adding a winch? If so, I'm probably really strange for buying a land anchor to go with it. Bought that more for the times on the beach. We used to go fairly often and I always tried to stay out of trouble. Figure with the new kit I can get off in some deeper stuff and have a bit of 4x4 fun. Then teach my wife how to winch us out. :rofl2: Yeah, like that would happen!!! I can see the look now. :pinshake:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Etroze86

Etroze86 Active Member

Judge
    You guys make me miss my truck. I had to sell it before moving to Turkey (can't just let it sit and rot) and couldn't even think about trying to drive it around the small island of Okinawa where I am stationed now. 2011 Ram 1500 RCSB with a 2/3 drop (probably the only lowered 4x4 Ram in ND at the time) and custom stereo that my close friends and I built from the ground up. If I can ever find pics I'll post them up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Poseidon

Poseidon Well-Known Member

2016 Victory Magnum 2013 Suzuki M109R.... 2017 Kawasaki Concours
    I was stationed at the hospital on camp Lester and lived on Kadena. Really enjoyed the 1.5 years I spent on the rock.

5. Etroze86

Etroze86 Active Member

Judge
    Nice I'm stationed on Kadena and live out on the economy, really itching to get a motorcycle out here but I have to wait for paychecks to normalize from my PCS before I can make that purchase.

6. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

Isn't that a crime? Lol!

Thinking about it I guess it's no different than the guys that lift a truck that's not a 4x4.

Something that really bothers me with a truck is when someone lifts one six inches or more and then runs the stock tires. :censored7: Just looks dumb!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Etroze86

Etroze86 Active Member

Judge
    Oh I can't stand that either. Here are the only pics I can find on my phone. received_10101607494689845.jpeg received_10101607494689845.jpeg received_10101606972800715.jpeg received_10101287263500715.jpeg received_10101266604067385.jpeg

8. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

That's some serious power for your system.

I've had a few subs over the years but nothing like that. Currently I have two 6 inch JL Audio in ported boxes. They may only be a six but that have a punch. Subs have come a long way since my first back in highschool.

My last were Fosgate HX2s. They were monsters and I had them for years. I finally sold them and got these smaller one so I could have more room in the back. I ran the wires long do I can move them around depending on my needs in the back.

9. Etroze86

Etroze86 Active Member

Judge
    Nice and yeah they are masconi amps, one AS300.2, and two AS100.4. 1000 wats to the sub, 300 to the mids and 150 to the tweets. I'm a fan of overkill when it comes to sound quality. The sub is a Stereo Integrity Mag12, loved that thing and I hardly ever turned it up lol.
    Made all the RCA cables myself, soldered and heat shrunk every connection. I put a ton of work into that setup.
    Your JLs are great subs to save space and man those Rockford's we're a helluva sub.

• Like Like x 1
  10. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

My lifted F150 had the full system redone but each after that got less done. The last got subs and head unit but my current only got the subs. It has a Sony system from the factory and honestly I think it sounds great.

Funny thing about my last truck is I had it for several years and when I would park I had a shirt I would throw over the head unit to cover it. If the burglar can't see their target they usually don't take the chance on breaking a window for a stock unit. This worked for years but within the first week after I traded it and the dealer sold it the new owner got it broken into and it got stolen. Guess my shirt worked. I knew this happened cause my brother sold Fords back then and did both deals. He called me to see if I had the serial number of the unit he could give the guy.

I didn't but I don't think I would have given it to him anyways since he was a d!ck and ran the tolls before the registration got updated. I had to fight the fees which was a real pain in the arse even though I sent them the BOS showing I sold it before the charges. Plus I cancelled the tag on it the day I traded it. Not sure how much more evidence I could have had or why they thought a long time customer would suddenly cancel one tag and buy another to then run the tolls in the old vehicle.

It finally got down to me telling them to cancel all my tags (3 at the time) including the brand new one I just bought for my new truck. With this threat they fixed it right away and stopped trying to collect from me.

11. ByteN2it

ByteN2it Well-Known Member

'99 V92C & '09 Vision
    I have a winch for my Silverado just for peace of mind-we go ice fishing in some remote areas where there’s no phone reception so you’re on your own if you get stuck. I just have a Badlands 12,000lb one from Harbor Freight for $400 and have it mounted on a receiver hitch & added a front receiver onto the truck so I can mount it front or back, most of the time it’s unmounted sitting in the garage & so far I’ve never needed it but not a bad thing to have.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

The steering needs some work but I think he's on to something for you northern boys.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. broggyr

broggyr Administrator Staff Member

2013 XCT
    Fun. Dude needs to put ribs or something on the bottom of the ski for steering traction. Those wheel spacers are sketchy as hell though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. toejam

toejam Well-Known Member

2013 XC Antifreeze Green
    Speaking of stereo's.....

I did alot of web searching on different components, specs, price, etc...

Ordered some of the things in my list (even had to return a couple do to fitment issues) and
    eventually came up with what I have now. Here's the details:

Dash speakers (corners): Infinity Kappa Perfect 300m 3.5" Mid-ranges (center left as-is)
    Front doors: CDT Audio CL-69S 6X9” mid-bass woofers
    Rear doors: Infinity Reference REF-9622IX
    Sub box under rear seat: (MTX dual 10" enclosure) with JL Audio 10w3's
    Front door pillars and overhead: Hertz Energy ET 26.5 Tweeters

For processing, interfacing, and amps:

JL Audio HD 900/5
    Kenwood Excelon XR600-6DSP
    iDataLink Maestro ADS-MAR
    iDataLink Maestro AR-CH2

Power distribution and wiring:

MESA AKCO 0 Gauge OFC Amp Kit
    MESA FDBUQM Dual Power/Ground Distribution Kit
    Stinger SHW516B-500 16GA Speaker wire
    Stinger SHW512B-250 12GA Speaker wire
    MESA RM6 6' M-Series Twisted RCA Cables
    MESA PWCB4 4AWG OFC Power Wire
    MESA RM1F2M 1F-2M M-Series Twisted Y-Adapters

Right at $2k in parts - not including what labor would cost while retaining the stock head unit and all functionality of the factory controls/systems.

Here's a basic layout of the system:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. jwfuchs1

jwfuchs1 Well-Known Member

Cross Country
    Didn't know there was rednecks up north.

P.S.

That blue Chevy is freaking awesome

• Funny Funny x 1