Trucks and what we do to them. | Page 28 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Trucks and what we do to them.

Discussion in 'Garage' started by VicVisionBulldog, Jul 31, 2018.

1. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    Jeep mod!

I added some adjustable tie down points to the corners, a Jerry can holder, and a 50 cal ammo can for added storage. I drilled and mounted them to the top of my Tuffy box. I mounted the Jerry can with a handle to tighten the nut so I can remove it easy if needed. I may do that for the ammo can as well but for the moment I went with a standard nut. With this I think the Jeep is DONE! Well maybe some rock lights. Lol!

20210731_204015.jpg

20210731_181753.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    Back in my day (geez, that sounds old) it was a K5 Blazer. Loved that truck. Only vehicle I bought and sold and made money on. Even after having it for two years. I put a swing out gate/rack across the back that held my jerry can on one side, water on the other, and spare in the middle. Then I moved the back bench seat forward and raised it up, at the same time giving it a bit of a tilt. It allowed people to sit in it and actually stretch out their legs a bit. It also opened up enough room in the back that I could spread my sleeping bag and sleep in the vehicle. Very roomy. Came in handy when hunting.

Never got stuck, but did pull a few other's out. I had Desert Dogs on all four corners with those painted white spoke wheels having a red and a blue pin stripe around the wheel. Very old school stuff. Raised just a bit, 350 4 barrel dualed out the pipes exiting turned straight out behind the rear wheels. Added some lighting up front, a CB, stereo, 8 track player (very old school) and built my own speaker boxes. Great truck and lots of fun. 10 miles / gallon no matter how I drove it. I was around 20 at the time. That one I wouldn't mind having back.

I could climb inside the engine compartment, sit on the wheel well and work on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

We had a old a Ram Charger as a ranch truck that was great fun. I wish I still had that too.

When looking for a bad weather vehicle I looked at Blazers, Broncos, and Ram Chargers and they were much more than I wanted to spend..... For a dependable driver and not a project. Jeeps were nearly the same as they take his their value but a bit better. I can't complain though. I've really fallen in love with my TJ.

• Like Like x 2
  4. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

So I did a thing. I've been wanting a newer Wrangler than the TJ. Something we could drive to Moab, hit the trails, and then drive home...... Comfortably and reliably.

I ran across a 2017 Wrangler Rubicon that appears to have really been babied. It has just over 21k miles. It's clean! 2in Mopar lift with 35inch Pro Comp tires wrapped around 17in Dick Cepek wheels. Bumpers front and rear and a winch.
    20210903_220745.jpg

The TJ will stay in it's roll as bad weather vehicle getting me to work and this will be our fun run Jeep. We can fit the dogs easier with stuff. Beach day!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    Sharp ! Looks really clean and I like the wheels ! Not the typical blacked out rims those set it off nicely

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

Thank you!

I sent it to two Jeep buddies for opinions before buying and they were hating on the wheels. I thought they look pretty nice and are certainly not what everybody runs around on. I don't know that I would have picked them but I have to say the more I see them the more I like them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    They remind me of Matchbox...which I like.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    I just started the preliminaries on an engine conversion for my Ford Ranger 4x4 5 speed from a 3.0 V6 to a 4.0 V6 (OHV).
    I should have gone with a V8 conversion, but knowingly wanted the 4.0 even with the much higher costs
    A new set of heavy duty heads getting stage 3 ported along with the upper and lower manifolds and the fuel rail.
    Connecting rods race prepped, and will be resized, and balanced by a different shop.
    High volume oil pump, and new aluminum oil pan.
    Comp cams 422.
    The bottom end will be basic and bombproof and bored with hypereutectic pistons.
    A new programmer and high performance tune.
    Headers on back order.
    I plan on running a stage 2 XTR clutch and lightened flywheel
    I plan on taking my time with this as the transmission will be rebuilt and the transfer case as well before my main truck is taken apart.
    With donor truck, new parts, and head work I already have about 9k in the project and only about half done with spending.
    I also have a 8.8 rear axle I've stripped on a jack stands that I need to get back on.
    I contacted Torsen and was placed on a waiting list as they have a helical gear LS for the SLA front, and they are the only ones making them.
    I'll post some photos when I have something more to show than just receipts. :banghead:

• Like Like x 3
  9. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

You know.... You're right!

Something I realized yesterday looking into things and checking it out is the lights seem to be the LED upgrade. They are very bright but look different than any I remember. I thought they must be aftermarket but looking closely they say Jeep Performance..I guess that's why the dealer included this picture.

2017_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-1188936951676500605-1024x768.jpeg

Here are some shots of the interior.

No screen which is what I prefer. I'm just not a fan of most screens. I like to simply press a button for the thing I want to do. Not enter three screens to make a selection. In the Grand I'll often just ask the wife to do whatever is I want. My truck is like that too. Both have the Bluetooth systems, they just don't have screens with factory nav that ends up out of date and can be expensive to update.

No leather either but that wasn't a big deal for me. I always cover my seats anyways so cloth is fine with me in this.

2017_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-2614006689932419636-1024x768.jpeg

2017_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-1787250964123544647-1024x768.jpeg

2017_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-6614911783358730378-1024x768.jpeg

And the rear.

2017_jeep_wrangler_unlimited-pic-5580900581591804730-1024x768.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. KLA

KLA Well-Known Member

2007 Victory Jackpot, 1999 Victory V92C Classic
    Those don't look like 35 inch tires, but it is very hard to tell from a picture. But, all in all, it's a very nice Jeep.

• Like Like x 1
  11. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

To be completely accurate they're 315/70r17. So 34 inches and some change. 35s is just easier.

The pictures threw me off too. I was worried it wouldn't articulate completely but the dealer checked and confirmed it has the 2in Mopar lift which from what I read means it will articulate just fine with a tire that size. I'm the pictures it just seemed to be stock. I'm person though I could tell.

I was looking for one that was basically done.... Like I did the TJ. Didn't want to drop much money into it getting it where I wanted. The dealer was over an hour a way and they were really nice taking some additional pictures for me before I drove there.

Other than replacing the blue shackle isolators and washers the only thing I want to do is change the winch out to a H2O series that has a synthetic line and wireless remote.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  12. MagVic CCT

That is the Jeep I would want to own, if I had a Jeep. But for how I use a vehicle, truck works better. But, I like everything about that one, especially the wheels. They are not "boring". Very much match the color and angles on the Jeep. Give the overall exterior look a bit of class. And yet, still rugged. Well done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    I don’t know maybe I’m to old LOL but the all black rims thing everyone is doing is just so blah I see this and I’m like wow can you possibly make that vehicle look anymore boring :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

I agree and disagree.

My TJ has all black wheels but I wanted that look. My truck's are all chrome and the new Jeep is mixed. For me it just depends but overall I agree it is overdone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MagVic CCT

Of course, there was a time when almost all wheels were chrome, then came the "magnesium" look which ran about half and half. But when I went to buy a set of wheels for my Dodge, I wanted chrome to replace what I had, but in a different style. Damn near everything I could find was in black. No chrome to be found unless it was outrageous in appearance and price. I settled on a "polished (slightly subdued) aluminum" look which in the five spoke pattern in which they came looked really nice on my truck. Didn't see a whole lot of choices that I liked. Took about five months to decide. Wheels can make it pop or trash it up. Gotta balance style, color and size. Not as easy as it would seem.

• Like Like x 2