VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, at the risk of getting a sermon on "why are you trying to mod a perfectly good bike", I got all excited at replacing my front turn signal lamps to clears & LED's to match my rear end (mod I did successfully 6 months ago). Was able to tear the bike down to remove turn signal lamps . . . took some time, but not overly difficult.

Trial 1: Installed Amber LED's & tapped in load equalizers to each side's TS wire (BLU and RED/BLU) and Ground (BLK). Lamps lit up, but I got a fast blink on RH turn signal (dash light blinked RH). I got a slow blink for LH (but BOTH LH and RH dash lights blinked). Rear turns lit up fine except for speed of blinking. I retapped the load equalizers thinking one of the connections was not tight. No change.

Trial 2: I decided to try incandescents (thinking LED's were the issue). I removed load equalizers and went to amber bulbs and sockets Volusia provided (C1 - 10014 Sockets and 3757KA amber bulbs). Same blinking issues as with LEDs. I did notice that when I hit LH turn signal that there was a very feint pulsing of the RH signal element. Here's where it gets weird.

Trial 3: I put everything back to stock. Clear 3157 bulbs and C1 - 9070 sockets. Same exact issue as trial 1 and 2.

Called Pete at Volusia and he was very patient in talking me through things, but it was end of the day and they were closing up. Anyone have any thoughts? Does this blink condition equate to any specific error codes? My bike is now torn apart in may garage in an un-ridable condition with closest dealer 1.5 hrs away. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I saw in the shop manual that I should try disconnecting the rear lighting at the harness to see if it changes anything. I did and now incandescent amber bulbs work, but with a quick flash. I wonder if there is a grounding issue in the back that is effecting the front? Rear was all working fine before this install. I'll try going back to amber incandescent rear (instead of LED's) and remove load equalizers to see if it fixes the problem.Any other ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.