VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen the 2010 Triumph Thunderbird Cruiser? If so, what are your thoughts, I know it's not an American made bike, but it's a great looking bike. I have been seeing more of them recently on television. I hope to see some at the upcoming Chicago Motorcycle Show. The engine intrigues me, check them out on google or youtube, I'm wondering your opinions.
Happy Superbowl Sunday fellow riders!
Beto

·
Registered
51 Posts

The Thunderbird has little personality and none of the Triumph charisma that my 2005 Speedmaster had. Now that was a good bike for a middleweight cruiser and you knew ithad Triumph genes. Unfortunately, Triumph shifted production of the 865 cc vertical twin lineup to Thailand around 2007.
To me the TBird looks like a lot of the Jap cruisers. The big radiator and dual rear shocks turn me off. The gas tank is ridiculously wide. Triumph tends to go cheap on thngs like turn signals, controls, etc. That being said, the motor is probably very strong & reliable. The ride reviews have been good. I just can't get over the boring looks and so-so ergonomics of it. And you can bet it'll be made in Thailand within a couple of years. I'll stick with Victory.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Great looking bike. On the short list when I choose my Hammer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I really like the looks and they have a long list of accessories available. I have gone on the Triumph site and built the bike with all of the accessories, and the price gets up there! It starts at $12,500. I rode one at the same dealer that I bought my 8-Ball. Great dealer--Eldorado Cycle in Missouri. It ran strong and fit me well. It had the accessory slip-ons on it, but didn't growl enough for me. The only thing that turned me off was the vibration felt in the bars. It's more noticeable than on my Vic. I wouldn't trade my '09 8-Ball for it, but I still like it.

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
Pretty bike. Test drove one, seat hard like a rock but ran well.

I won't be buying a bike made in Thailand. Just something about it. I know its silly.

Triumph is British, made in England!! Sheesh Mr. Bloor. gimme a break. lol.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

I have an 07 America if the T-Bird was avail I would have bought it.
Many are trading their 863 cc's for the new T-Bird.
I test rode one and loved it it has great power.
But it lacks cruise control and hard bags are not an option yet.
I'm happy with my Vision for two-up and my America as a solo ride.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Trekwolf164 said:
Hey Trekwolf,

I was waiting for you to chime-in on this thread. I think you've become our Resident Triumph Expert!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Andy said:
Trekwolf164 said:
Hey Trekwolf,

I was waiting for you to chime-in on this thread. I think you've become our Resident Triumph Expert!

Thanks!
I'm far from an expert but I have been a fan of the brand for many years

·
Registered
235 Posts
Atseveral sets of traffic lights my Vegas blew the T/Bird away, It wasn't even close. and we both went for it. The T/bird owner could not believe it but was impressed with the Vegas's performance. Both had stage 1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thanks for all your replies. I think the bike is cool, BUT it does not come close to a Victory. My heart belongs to the Kingpin. I see that bike and my heart actually races, can't wait to take one on a test drive this spring. My goal is to have my Victory as soon as possible! Again selling my kids, wife is not out of the question ...lol
Happy Superbowl Sunday no matter who you are rooting for today!
Beto

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was alsointerested in the T-Bird but after riding the T-Bird and the Vegas back to back there was so comparison. To me the Vegas is WAY more bike for the money. The handling is better and the power is much better on the Victory. The Vegas also has a better feel and the lines on the bike flow much better. The Vegas is long and lean and the T-Bird seems short and fat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.