VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the tri-Ovals on my new 2016 XC 8 ball last week but did not install the filter or have the dealer flash the PCM.I have read that the dealer Victory flash isn't very good so I don't know what to do.I am not looking for more power just the better sound of the mufflers.Here are my questions :

Leave it like it is with the tri ovals installed and no filter no dealer tune
Have the dealer flash it with the provided flash card that came with the exhaust kit + install the filter

What o do.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Like you, I installed the Tri Ovals and rode it like that, then installed the Victory Performance air filter that comes with the Stage 1 kit the day before I got the dealer to reflash the EFI. (You want the performance filter installed for the reflash!!)
Result, great sounding bike that ended up with better drivability/throttle response and a little better fuel mileage after the reflash!

Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought mine with the tri-ovals and victory filter/tune. I will say that the motor will run hot. The dealer tune is still very lean. Having been down this path I would recommend skipping a few steps and saving a little long term money. Get the Lloydz filter and a tuner (piggyback or other doesn't matter). I ended up with a PowerCommander V and had it tuned on a dyno at the SouthEast Victory Rally. This made a HUGE difference in temperature and performance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've had the Tri-Ovals and performance filter, and the download installed from dealer. Bike was ok, but would occasionally stall when pulling up to a stop.
I unplugged the O2 sensors, and it has never stalled again, and it sounded and ran better.
I have since moved on to cams, etc..., but I highly recommend unplugging the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
[QUOTE="DarlngDave, post: 2925905, member: 33823"
but I highly recommend unplugging the O2 sensors.[/QUOTE]

Dave, aren't the O2 sensors needed when changing elevations (i.e. crossing the mountains) and other things? I don't know, and I'm probably wrong. Do you know what the long term down side is for permanently unplugging them?

·
Registered
8,141 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
just my .02¢
If you unplug the O2's, remove them and install bung plugs in the exhaust. Just makes for a much neater looking modification. And the previous poster is correct; on the 2016 you'll need the OX sensor eliminator adapters.

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
Like you, I installed the Tri Ovals and rode it like that, then installed the Victory Performance air filter that comes with the Stage 1 kit the day before I got the dealer to reflash the EFI. (You want the performance filter installed for the reflash!!)
Result, great sounding bike that ended up with better drivability/throttle response and a little better fuel mileage after the reflash!
Do you remember who had the Tri ovals on sale recently ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
It was Leaders RPM that had them on sale, early Jan. $179 delivered if you liked them on FB, $199 otherwise

Reactions: slickvic

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
Thank you !!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
unplugging won't allow the O2's to lean out the mixture at cruise, It will run better after the download and filter and unplugging

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
Does the 16 throw a code when unplugging O2’s ?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.