VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nickel Bumper Gas Paint Automotive lighting
Helmet Hood Automotive design Eyewear Audio equipment
Well I received the tri-ovals from the sale and they were the correct ones i ordered. I haven't installed but will keep them for when I need a new exhaust since I have Gonzo exhaust. However if someone missed the sale and you are in need of the tri-ovals I would sale them for the price I paid 180.00. Not looking to make anything off them, more so looking to help a fellow rider upgrade there exhaust.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really like my tri ovals a lot. At idle they are just loud enough and with a bit of a burble to know something is going on at steady cruising they are not too obtrusive, but when I get on it they will bark like a small block with straight pipes. They also like good and are unique. I added the contrast cut tip extensions from Witch doctors. Really pops!

Had Vance and Hines slash cuts on my Vaquero and like these better. Favorite pipes of all time were my 4" Roadhouse slips mounted on my M109, for comparison purposes.

·
Registered
359 Posts
you got these for $180? damn thats a deal!! ide consider buying them from you if you really did want to sell them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bbob all you have to do is tak the 4 screws out in back. The ones farthest to the end hold the tip and the others hold the baffle in. I pulled mine after I got then and did wrap them. Now just waiting for winter to get over and rid again.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
ordered !

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Bbob all you have to do is tak the 4 screws out in back. The ones farthest to the end hold the tip and the others hold the baffle in. I pulled mine after I got then and did wrap them. Now just waiting for winter to get over and rid again.
Now that they are mounted I may take another run at pulling the baffles when I switch tips.

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Custom cruiser .com had a video on the two ovals. Removing the baffles didn’t look difficult. Maybe it was a prototype just to show you how they are constructed. Just wondering why you want to remove them. Besides awful loud I would think you loose power.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i got a really nice weekend here in colorado 70 yesterday! (10 with snow this morning). and so i went after this install. It went really well. I was surprised that the victory ended up using metric bolts for everything. I had no idea. Anyways...these went in great. I was surpised that this package included the ecu flash and the high flow air filter. thought i was buying just the pipes, not the entire stage 1 kit. Anyways. They went on really easy, once i removed the shields that over the area they connect. And tuned the lloyds tuner to match. (Green-3.5 , yellow-4 , red-1, g/blue-0 , y/blue-5 , r/blue-3) in case anyone was curious. And these pipes sound great. I might have just been excited for some shiny chrome, but these rumble really nicely. Well. thanks again for the recommendation and the links..

Reactions: JamesBond

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
go with what you like. i had bassani which always had a great sound. but they visually didnt fit the bike well. they just looked slapped on. so getting these for dirt cheap. and also have them run great was just to many positives for me.

·
Registered
865 Posts
go with what you like. i had bassani which always had a great sound. but they visually didnt fit the bike well. they just looked slapped on. so getting these for dirt cheap. and also have them run great was just to many positives for me.
Oh I know. If these had come up when I was looking to switch, they would likely be on mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.