VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would have posted this in the regional section, but some of the areas I want to hit are actually in two separate regions. What I'd really like is any input you guys in the area(s) we will be, have. Tips, things to see and do, regional food, meet up if I'm going to be close to you, or whatever.

Here's the over all.......Kelli and I will be leaving OCT. 4 going to Herndon, Va. and will stay there for her business until the 8th (Sunday). Then we will be leaving and heading back to Texas, but I want to take a little time and enjoy the return.

I would like to ride through W. Va., Ky., Tn., Mo., then drop down through Ark. on the way back to Texas. We have Sunday through Saturday to do this, so I will be spacing the Hotel stays about 300 miles apart or less and trying to ride "around" or take the scenic route to each next hotel.

Again, thanks for your input.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
@IM12STPN , @Mountainrider , maybe @PastorJustin and @Squatch will be in Murphy, nc around that time. Perhaps we could schedule a detour to meet up and ride a little bit. Check out Murphy, nc and let me know if that would be too far out of the way, and I'm sure they would all be up for a nice little road trip to meet up with you somewhere.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the date, for the most part. While we're at the hotel, I really have little to do, since this is the wife's work symposium, so, could be.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@IM12STPN , @Mountainrider , maybe @PastorJustin and @Squatch will be in Murphy, nc around that time. Perhaps we could schedule a detour to meet up and ride a little bit. Check out Murphy, nc and let me know if that would be too far out of the way, and I'm sure they would all be up for a nice little road trip to meet up with you somewhere.
Yep, this could work. Just let me know when you guys will be in that area.

Reactions: Mountainrider

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I'll be around! Hit me up when you in TN

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're leaving va on the 8th and wantin to ride after that date, it might not work. I think I misunderstood. We will be gone by the 8th
It's all good. I knew you'd somehow F.... it up. :angel4:

Naw, just pulling your chain. I apreciate the thought. Keep em coming!

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Still over a month away so maybe we can make something happen on our way back north, or maybe ride BEFORE you're scheduled to be there on the 4th. We will likely be in Murphy around the 2nd thru 6th or 7th
So you'll be joining them?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still over a month away so maybe we can make something happen on our way back north, or maybe ride BEFORE you're scheduled to be there on the 4th. We will likely be in Murphy around the 2nd thru 6th or 7th
Well, we are leaving Houston on the 4th, checking in, in Va. on the 5th, so will be hoofin it for two long days. Then at the hotel Fri, Sat, and leave Sun mid morn to return trip.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
So far leaving Michigan Sunday Oct 1 and arriving in Murphy, NC at Days Inn Monday Oct 2.....get some lessons on riding and scenery stops with @Mountainrider and MRS Mountainrider thru till Sunday Oct 8. Leave then and head back to Michigan. SUBJECT to change, but not much unless to meet someone within those dates of course :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On that timetable, the only chance to meet would be crossing paths on Sunday 8th. but that's pretty iffy. No matter, we shall see what we will see.

Reactions: Mountainrider
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.