Travel during covid19 | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Travel during covid19

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by CrossBuck, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory Cross Roads
    My grown daughter got C19. She had a temp of 99 for one day and it was like a bad cold.
    I congratulated her as she has lived through the 2020 Black death plaque! She got a kick out of that.
    Live your life and try not to cough or sneeze on people if you are sick. We will all get it in the end, and at least now they know what meds knock it out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Exactly what I don't understand. Restaurants will seat you no problem. Fast food drive thru only. Makes no sense and it's cost them my business when I'm at work in a truck I can't take through a drive thru. Oh well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    None of this has made any sense.

We went to a mexican food place back in the beginning. Our table was not ready so we stepped back to wait. They said "oh, you can not wait inside. Would you please go outside and wait there or in your vehicle?" I looked at them crazy and told them that was dumb and I am not standing outside while its in the upper 90s. I then asked "What about the bar? Can we wait there?" She says "oh yes, sure."

So we sit down and order some drinks and all I thought was how dumb the staff was that instead of trying to up sale me they wanted me to wait outside.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Can't do that here. Bar seating been outlawed the whole time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. cyclonelou

cyclonelou Active Member

'16 Vegas

6. cyclonelou

cyclonelou Active Member

'16 Vegas
    Ghostrider25-You are so right.Any type of travel has become a pain in the butt.

7. walks35

walks35 Well-Known Member

2004 Victory Kingpin
    What's frustrating is we can go to one place and just have to wear a mask as we walk in the door and other places couldn't give a rip.

Personally, we are fortunate to have a finished basement set up with a pool table and beverage area with 2 TVs for sports all winter not to mention a projector for winter games to watch on the driveway.

I think Illinois is going to get shut down again soon so time to stock up on beef and brew and hope for the best this winter.

My best bud is supposed to fly in December from NC. My hopes are dwindling.

Stay safe all.

8. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    I had 3 weeks and about 8000 miles of road trips planned myself this year. But do to pandemic plus selling and builDing a new home put them on the back burner till next summer. Hopefully next year will be better for all of us .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CrossBuck

CrossBuck Active Member

Do not think I mentioned this before.....

Short version of a long story.........May 2018, went to the bank, started feeling horrible, could not catch a breath. Went to the drug store drive through . felt worse. By the time I got home, I was scared, called a friend, before she arrived I called 911 , the squad folks were talking congestive heart failure ?

At the Hosp, I was put on 5% Oxygen for a period of time, then 3% , again for a period of time. Also received Antibiotic shots, Vitamin shots, and plavix . Two of the shots were in the stomach !!

About 20 hours later I was released . The doctor's diagnosis was that....I picked up a virus that he said he "had never seen before" !! Another doc agreed.

First doc said, but the good news is you responded well to the "cocktail" administered .

I sometimes think about that and wonder .... was that covid ? And I just got lucky ? Or was it something else all together.

I do not scare easily, but in the first few hours ....... I truly thought I might die .

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    We’ve been to 11 states since June, is crazy how this restaurant is closed next one is drive thru/carry out only & the next place is elbow 2 elbow. We’re goin back to the gulf soon for 10-14 days, Nola, Biloxi, Mobile & n2 Florida from Ohio for the 2nd time this yr. Been to Iowa twice, drove pulling trailer 1st time then flew there once to ride bike back home w/o any issues. We’ve had a pretty good summer all things considered, over 8200 miles put on bike & we put like 3500 on car 1st trip south. We were R masks, wash R hands & use common sense. Enjoy ur selves but just do it safely. Ride on

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  11. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    Well, that video's a bit of a stretch. "Your papers or your life?" What if you're having a shitty life? Take a run for it, but zig and zag!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. 13SicVic

13SicVic Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Cross Country
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    Just want to keep their remote island safe for everyone. Or cash in your flight tickets and go to the Sturgis rally where you don’t need to wear one. But make sure your health coverage is good. Covid can be little to nothing. Covid can kill. It all depends on how each body can handle it.

14. jedi-mcfly

jedi-mcfly Well-Known Member

2005 kingpin
    It was announced today in Alberta that rapid tests are starting to be administered at the international airport and at one boarder crossing ... with a stipulation to be tested again in another 7 days.

The treatment is getting better, but there is such a wide variation in symptoms and recovery that I will mask up and be smart out in public.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Barry_Barker

Barry_Barker Active Member

2012 Victory XR
    We recently enjoyed an awesome 15 day trip up through Colorado, over to Utah, and then home by way of Arizona. No issues. One restaurant in Blanding Utah displayed a front door sign," Masks and PPE are not allowed in this Restaurant, if you are sick order to go and go home" . I then trailered to Arkansas for a few days. Stayed in Tulsa to split up the 14 hour drive. The bar at McNeilly's pub was open, WOW, "this is cool". So no issues in Texas, Oklahoma, or Arkansas.
    We have a 14 day quarantine here in New Mexico that our Governor has imposed. Local businesses are required to enforce this mandate or risk a fine. I certainly hope the New Mexico Gestapo is not monitoring this post? Local rental shops have stopped renting products to avoid any issues with the State Police.(Mountain Bikes, Kayaks, Motorcycles, ect.) Hotels are required to enforce a 14 day stay to out of state visitors. I'm not sure if they are or aren't.
    IMHO (Albuquerque and Santa Fe there is a good chance the Hotel would require the quarantine. Some local would most likely turn you in if they saw an out of state plate. It's not worth the fine risk for the hotel. The smaller towns are probably safe.) Unfortunately, New Mexico could be a problem if you need to stay in a Hotel. If you are staying with us or friends, no issues. IMG_0035 (2).JPG IMG_0064.JPG

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.