VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Vegas 92ci 5speed. Sometimes will not down shift. Most of the time happens under quick deceleration. On my last ride got stuck in 5th and had to rev hi and feather in clutch every time i had to stop for a red light and restart moving, just to get home. Thinking 2 things. Hopefully it's just spring and pin on outside of trans but dealer said if it's a clutch fork that's a total tear down and would cost $1700 just in labor. Taking it to them next weekend. Any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I"m betting there's a problem with the shifter, or the shift pawl. IF when you get it in gear you have no problem this should hopefully be a cheaper easier fix. You just might have too much slop in the shifter... good luck!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well droped it off today . They looked at it and looks like both internal and external. Sadly looks like it's my fault. Think bent fork from downshifting at to high rpms. This will be an expensive learning experience about downshifting.

·
Registered
151 Posts
unless they took the primary cover while you waited how did they come to that conclusion? Unless you recall a moment where you really messed up a down shift i dont see how 1 missed shift could do it. I think youd have to really be abusive alot of the time for that to happen. Sounds to me like they dont want to arm wrestle with victory for their money(warranty) if your gonna own up to it that easy. ive broken clutch cables 2 different times and limped it home without using the clutch for up and down shifting. the last time was 15,000 miles ago and nothing happened.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
If the engine has to come out of the frame,,,,time for that big bore

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I don't really want to be fast either. I want to go from 0 to 80 NOW, not now. You know, that bad a$$ torque we all want. Just sayin, out the frame,,,,,

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
But it easy for us to spend your money

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.