VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the bike, '13 CC AFG, with a cams and other goodies BUT for the love of God, everytime i put it (or try) 1st gear it Does Not want to Engage...i thought it was a clutch issue, i adjusted it and Still same result. I gotta put it down and keep the pedal down to engage 1st gear.(like a friking car clutch). Only 1st gear, All the gears seems fine....Also lots of play on the shifter pedals....Ideas please!!!

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
How many miles on the bike? Might want to install the brass shifter bushings that Witchdoctors and others sell. Lube all linkage connections and make sure the shifter arm is tight on the shaft comming out of the primary case.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
I do not push the lever to get first gear, I kick the bloody thing, goes in every time for me..... :angel4:

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
What does the "AFG stand for.....?

Reactions: Half_Crazy

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Well HC, no good liking the post, man, what the hell does AFG stand for?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi guys, been a while. Anti Freeze Green.

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
...if you are downshifting and it feels like the shift is not slipping in to gear try bumping the rev up a touch (rev matching) ...I feel this relieves the tension (pressure) in the trans and helps a great deal

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes...stopped at the light and when is time to go, shift to 1st gear and it wont engage, i have to hold the pedal down(sometimes) so it will stay in 1st.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I misread your initial post then.. I thought the issue is that it won't go INTO 1st.. now you're saying that once in, it won't STAY in? That's an entirely different kettle of fish.. So here's something to try.. IF you put it into 1st before you come to a stop.. does it stay then? I'm thinking your clicking down and assuming that it's engaged and it's really not after you've stopped. Does rocking the bike forward or back a little let it fall into gear?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.