VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the "VOG". I just purchased a new 09 Kingpin and I would like your advice on what would be the best chock to buy for my utility trailer in order to transport my ride/ Also best way to secure the bike in the trailer? I would like it to be arranged in order to do a quick removal (I will need to use the trailer for other things) . I welcome all experience/advice you out there can offer me!!
Thanx
Icerider

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have one I'll sell you cheap. Brand new. It will fit a KP. I think it is a Condor. I'll have to dig it out of the garage. It's pouring rain right now & just got off my bike so will dig it out tomorrow. I didn't work for what I was going to do and it's just been sitting there for about a year. If it isn't the condor, I'll put up some pics and info I have.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx!!That would be great! Let me know as soon as you can. I will be need ing it real soon, like the 18th. I go to pick up my ride in Bangor, MA

·
Registered
14 Posts
For about three years I've been using the Harbor Freight model as well. At $30 when they are on sale I bought two. One is mounted to the garage floor for every day, and a second is set up to attach to the trailer. Have not pulled the Vision for any distance on the trailer, but would not expect any trouble with this set up.

Would recommend that you check out the owners manual for tie down information. Recessed hooks in the trailer floor allow me to continue using it for utility purposes while having secure tie down locations available when necessary.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Sorry been busy last couple days. I haven't forgotten about you. If not shipping out of the US costs can be kept down. PROMISE will get info tomorrow.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, just picked up the ride the weekend before Xmas. Couldn`t find the chock I wanted right away so, I just mocked one up really quick and it worked like a charm! We travelled back from Bangor the weekend that Maryland,New York and Boston got that big dump of snow!! Lucky we only saw a few flakes. Bike trailered really well! Just waiting for spring ...great time to ask advice on accessories.. Like great quick release bags for this ride???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bought the U.S. General wheel chock/stand with a coupon for $39.99 at Harbor freight and it works great. I had to do a little modification to the cradle because the front fender drops so low at the back of the wheel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.