VOG Forum banner

Trade-In Value

4033 Views 33 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Salty
If anyone read my previous thread you will remember that I'm looking into a Cross Roads. One of the first things I always look into when I'm looking into a car, truck, or bike is the resale value. Since the only thing that I can compare to directly is the Vision versus the Ultra Classic or the Cross Roads versus the Road King. The only problem I can see with this comparison is the number of years that both bike have been around, but then again Victory itself hasn't been around all that long.

Anyway, I went to NADA and KBB and I noticed that the Vision and Cross Roads hold a $2000 disparity across the board with their H-D counterparts. I am sold that Victory is everything that H-D isn't. Victory has already shown the ability to beat H--D in technology (cast aluminum frame), customer appreciation (listening to what their customers want), and price (do I need to explain this).

Here is my question since I don't know much about many of the older bikes in the Victory line and how they compare to some older H-D models. Is this $2000 disparity just an effect of the newness of the said models or is this something that has shown itself over the entirety of the last 10 years?

Sorry that took so long but I want to makes sure that people realize I did go and do the homework first. I just need some help on the history.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,118 Posts
SofaKingBlue said:
ZZedmonds said:
I would not count on motorcycle resale on ANY brand of bike. In a bad economy the market gets saturated with used bikes an used bike financing sucks with high rates and low loan to blue book values.

Trust me I took it in the a$$ when I traded my Kingpin after 1 year.

I look at bikes as being a luxury item if I decide to spend my money on one.
You had a slick tricked-out Pin, who bought it??? Show some pix. You made a choice for the latest and greatest. :)
I am counting you guys like you for my next Vic. =)
I am assuming you were talking about my Kingpin for the pics. Here ya go! (If not and I'll post up one of my Cross Country.)

· Registered
6,116 Posts
Rollin said:
SofaKingBlue said:
Iceman5218 said:
WOW!!!!!!! I really didn't anticipate this much responce to my very simple (or so I thought) question.
You should see what happens whenyou ask about the best oil to use.
I can help with that.
Oil - AMSOIL
Seat - Mustang
That noise - Yes. They all do that.
Glad I could help. Ha ha ha
Classic post!!
Now Rollin, have youREALLY logged enough seat time to form a good opinion??? After all, I don't think you made it to South America this year did you?
BTW, you need to update your map....no Hawaii, and Alaska doesn't change colors. :)

· Registered
714 Posts
stilcrazee said:
dsjr70 said:
SofaKingBlue said:
if you think trading bikes are expensive, try trading your wife for a newer model. it was cheaper to keep the old one.
A BIG +2 and counting....
You guys never learn...blow up dolls are soo much cheaper and disposable too.
….and they don't drink up all your tequila. I was thinking about a Nancy Pelosi doll for 2-up.

· Registered
2,685 Posts

bikendad said:
Re-sale is complete crap in this economy on any luxury item. To me it's all about cost of ownership and the fun vs aggravation ratio. Victory wins hands down.
+1 if you call this an"economy", it'smore of a political fleecing.

· Registered
12,150 Posts
stilcrazee said:
dsjr70 said:
SofaKingBlue said:
if you think trading bikes are expensive, try trading your wife for a newer model. it was cheaper to keep the old one.
A BIG +2 and counting....
You guys never learn...blow up dolls are soo much cheaper and disposable too.
I am old and hard headed... But my wives seem to be a disposable commodity also?

· Registered
1,118 Posts
OneThumb said:
ZZedmonds said:
I am assuming you were talking about my Kingpin for the pics. Here ya go! (If not and I'll post up one of my Cross Country.)
Do you still have pictures of your KP with the Champion Bags?
I never put the Champions on mine but I'll grab a pic of my bike club prez's Kingpin with Champions on it. I'll send it to you as a PM later today.

· Registered
1,118 Posts
SofaKingBlue said:
Especially if you get unmarried twice like I did!

On the VMC my sig says "Why my bike is better than my ex-wife...my bike will cost me less if she leaves me".

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

bikendad said:
Re-sale is complete crap in this economy on any luxury item. To me it's all about cost of ownership and the fun vs aggravation ratio. Victory wins hands down.
Here is a thought I had someone purpose to me the other day. The US is the only nation in the world where the motorcycle is considered a luxury item and not a primary mode of transportation. With gas in the flux that it is, will this thought ever change? If it does then I'm sure that MC will become a little more highly thought of.

· Registered
1,729 Posts

Just for ****s and giggles I pretended to be interseted in trading my Vision 8 ball 2010 for a Vision tour premiumand a new dealer offered me a 20 % loss on the 8 ball or 4000.00 bath on a 20,000.00$ bike with 10,000 miles 31/2 months old. Then I told him it had 2500.00 worth of add-ons and he will give me 50 % of this value.
I feel pretty good about this deal. Seems the Canadian resale seems better than in the USA at this time

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.