VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Sykik trike kit for $90 ( free 1-3 day shipping when bought directly through the Sykik website. Since my phone’s always mounted on the left handlebar ( Ram Mount X grip with tough claw, awesome mount btw) and has music or maps running we wanted a tpms system with its own designated screen so the pressures / temps are always just a glance away. After many trips to various webpages and from others peoples real world experiences we decided on the Sykik system, Once it arrives I’ll update this thread ( good and bad ) on its versatility, durability, value & its overall functionality. They are waterproof & says kit comes with a bar mount for the screen, for our needs this Sykik kit should fulfill all of our requirements but soon we shall see. If anyone has this kit or any other kit please post your opinions & hind site so we can help others looking to purchase a tpms system.

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Font Audio equipment Automotive tire Gas Electronic device
This is the one I ordered

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes I got the trike kit, for $90 usd you get 3 tire sensors, a screen with mount & hopefully a care free great working system

Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
The FOBO system is certainly more money but it works perfectly as does their phone app. No need to mount a separate screen. My phone is also always on the left grip held by a RAM X-Grip.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
The FOBO system is certainly more money but it works perfectly as does their phone app. No need to mount a separate screen. My phone is also always on the left grip held by a RAM X-Grip.
And Fobo does app updates as required. I have the first iteration units, Fobo Bike. They now sell the updated and smaller units they call Fobo2. The app for that set also replaces the original app and it's much more sensitive and updates continually compared to the first units. I've shown them to many of my riding friends and the usual response is "meh". I guess they still do the tried and true method of pressure checks before a ride - kick the tires to see if they are still hard. I did that for years until a great friend of mine crashed on I-84 back in 2017 due to a slow leak in the rear tire that turned into a death wobble and pitched him off where he landed on his head at about 50mph. It was in Idaho - a no helmet law state so that's why he removed it after gassing up about 20 minutes back. He survived but is basically a living vegetable requiring 24 hr care. I ordered Fobo as soon as I returned home. If you don't have TPMS, give some real serious thought to get time them. Any brand is better than just kicking the tires.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I purchased the Sykik trike kit for $90 ( free 1-3 day shipping when bought directly through the Sykik website. Since my phone's always mounted on the left handlebar ( Ram Mount X grip with tough claw, awesome mount btw) and has music or maps running we wanted a tpms system with its own designated screen so the pressures / temps are always just a glance away. After many trips to various webpages and from others peoples real world experiences we decided on the Sykik system, Once it arrives I'll update this thread ( good and bad ) on its versatility, durability, value & its overall functionality. They are waterproof & says kit comes with a bar mount for the screen, for our needs this Sykik kit should fulfill all of our requirements but soon we shall see. If anyone has this kit or any other kit please post your opinions & hind site so we can help others looking to purchase a tpms system.
Looking forward to hearing your views on this TPMS system. Sounds like a good one and a good price too.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I see my ( to me ) dollars is $90 ( delivered ) which equates to $113.54 Canadian according to my free version of the “units plus” iPhone app, I’m extremely curious what’s the “real price” up north ( & around the world ) after fees, delivery / shipping, the “in ur hands” price. For relevance 87 octane gas is $2.95 & $3.20 per gallon depending day of week & what gas station during last 30 days, a gallon of milk is $1.85 - $2.95 same time frame.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No need to mount a separate screen. My phone is also always on the left grip held by a RAM X-Grip.
We considered both ways before deciding that we wanted a system that had it's own designated screen so my analality can have tire temps / pressures a glance away so my cheapassery is satisfied I'm getting the best life outta my expensive a$$ tires & will keep phones map screen cleaner as music uses it too. The fobo2 doesn't have a model with designated screen, only as ur phone using bt models, their also $60 more than the sykik 3 sensor kits which include the bar mount. Both look to be good systems along with 1-3 other companies. Ram sure makes lots of very good mounts, seriously thinking bout mounting a ball up top for the ipad.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I can't seem to find your particular model on Amazon Canada or anywhere else in Canada. So if I was to place an order from the Sykik website for your particular system, this is the breakdown on how I would buy it.

SRTP670 cost $89.95 USD ($113.42 CAD in todays rates).
If I had it shipped to my home, the cheapest rate would be UPS at $20.19 USD ($25.46 CAD)
So that would cost me $138.88 CAD. However, the last time I had UPS ship to my door from the States they wanted a brokerage fee worth more than the product I purchased. It was ridiculous but my other option was to decline and have it sent back. I promised myself I would never have anything shipped to me again from the States. From then on I would have it shipped to my closest point across the border and I would simply drive across and pick it up.
That was when the borders were opened for me to do that, but let's imagine they are and that is how I will purchase this item.

SRTP670 cost $89.95 USD ($113.42 CAD in todays rates).
Shipped to my pickup place in New York $0.00 (free).
Now I would hop on my motorcycle and go for a nice 1 hour ride to go get it.
To get into New York from Canada I must cross an international bridge with a toll of $3.25 USD or $4.00 CAD.
To receive my parcel, there is a pickup fee of $5.00 USD or $6.00 CAD.
Then another bridge toll to go back into Canada $3.25 USD or $4.00 CAD
Now I get to Canadian customs and I declare my package. Most of the time they let me through without paying taxes since it is not worth very much. But if they sent me inside to pay I would only have to pay the 5% Quebec GST and not the 13% Ontario HST because I live in Quebec.
If I had to pay the duty, it would be $4.50 CAD.

Summary:

Shipped to my home: $110.14 USD ($138.88 CAD) plus any brokerage fees from the shipping company.

Shipped to my US address: $101.45 USD ($127.92 CAD) plus duty of $4.50 CAD if the customs officer sends me in. Plus I had to take my bike for a ride and go get it, but that I don't mind and actually enjoy doing it, and I would fill up the bike while down there because the price of gas is cheaper.

So there it is. I miss the borders being opened.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
There are a dozen of those on Amazon that all look the same. Other forum I'm on they said it works well.

Why the trike kit are you adding a third wheel?
Batteries are replaceable in the sensors.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
There are a dozen of those on Amazon that all look the same. Other forum I'm on they said it works well.

Why the trike kit are you adding a third wheel?
Batteries are replaceable in the sensors.
3rd sensor is for the air shock. Every time you check it you loose 2-4lbs depending on your gauge.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
3rd sensor is for the air shock. Every time you check it you loose 2-4lbs depending on your gauge.
Didn't think of that but from my experience it doesn't change.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Fobo, situated in Malaysia, regularly updates their app as required. I just updated their latest release today. Also, any questions you may have regarding the operation of the items will be answered by an engineer (Sameer) within a day or so. Sometimes saving $30 or so just isn’t worth it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Fobo, situated in Malaysia, regularly updates their app as required. I just updated their latest release today. Also, any questions you may have regarding the operation of the items will be answered by an engineer (Sameer) within a day or so. Sometimes saving $30 or so just isn't worth it.
Much like OP I don't want an app for this.
I was already considering this system so waiting to see how it works out for them.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They ( Sykik ) confirmed my order on 7-15-21 stating they will email / text me when order has been shipped ( I got 1-3 day free shipping ) ........am still waiting for news of being shipped.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts