VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,
I'm about 3/4 finished with my first long ride since I got my '15 Cross Country. This is an amazing machine!
I've had two issues during the first 1800 miles of this ride... My helmet is painfully small but my more significant issue is my seat. The bike has a great looking Mustang seat, but it sure isn't a touring seat.
I wanted to ask about resources for comparing types of seats as well as manufacturers. Does anyone know of helpful resources?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The best Long Distance touring seat is a Russell Day Long Seat...

Reactions: Hugefire

·
Registered
10 Posts
The best Long Distance touring seat is a Russell Day Long Seat...
I agree. when I bought my CCT last year, I could barely go 100 miles without my ass and tailbone hurting, and as the day progressed, I'd be in pain after 40 miles. Sent my seat in to be re-built at Russel, and now I can go 200 miles, fill-up, and go another 200 or more. Just did 2500+ miles in a week riding round trip from Chicago to the SE Victory Rally, and enjoying the twisties in Northern Georgia/Western North Carolina while I was there.

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
If you are a solo rider and not a large dude then you could try the Magnum seat or the stock Victory seat.
Someone here may want to trade you for that Mustang seat ? Otherwise the after market is your choice like the mustang tour or the as others mentioned above.
I run on stock seats all day long. 11XC wife tour and a Magnum seat. Both are perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I stock seat on my 2011 Cross Country was painful after 50 miles. I've put a Russells seat on my last 3 bikes, so I made a ride-in appointment and got a true custom Russells day long seat. I've gone on 3800 miles trips riding up to 470 miles per day, day after day, and had NO butt pain. It's worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.