VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have a set of OEM chrome latches I’d sell for a reasonable price.

I replaced mine with black latches. There is a guy that sells both black and chrome on eBay for Harleys. They are the same as the Vics. The hard part is getting the right length screws.

Fun fact: the latches are called Franzen latches and they are actually made for briefcases.

Reactions: jwfuchs1 and RLV

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're lucky my are starting to go and no extended warranty..... Well at least you reminded me to start looking into purchasing a set (hopefully).
If they hadn't been on warranty I would have done it myself, but since it was totally covered I let the dealer do it, the funny or sad thing is the latches cost $47.00 and they charged the warranty company and hour labor, $57.00 for a ten minute job.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
I've had loosening of the latches before in another situation (only about six months old) , but it was the result of compression of the gasket causing the latches to get looser.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I have a set of OEM chrome latches I'd sell for a reasonable price.

I replaced mine with black latches. There is a guy that sells both black and chrome on eBay for Harleys. They are the same as the Vics. The hard part is getting the right length screws.

Fun fact: the latches are called Franzen latches and they are actually made for briefcases.
I knew they were Harley latches, but didn't know they were used on briefcases as well. That's just freaking funny right there.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I've had loosening of the latches before in another situation (only about six months old) , but it was the result of compression of the gasket causing the latches to get looser.
Yep there has to be something else that causes the latches not to latch properly. I know this because I replaced the ones on my black bike and it didn't fix the problem. My dad now has the trunk and he just locks it every time to keep it shut. I personally think the trunk wasn't put together correctly from day one, but I just dealt with it.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
After 118,000+ miles and thousands of times being opened I had to replace the latches on my tour trunk, they would not stay latched. The nice thing is I still have a couple months left on my extended warranty and they were replaced at no cost to me. View attachment 528341
Extended warranty covered that? You must have a dealership that gives a $hit. My latches weren't even covered under the normal warranty or my dealership just didn't want to deal with it. Oh well I'm done with using that dealership now especially after my last experience with them.

Gives me hope that if I can find another dealer that supports my extended warranty I can get a few mechanical items fixed on my 2015 XC.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Here are the parts needed, the part numbers and the prices from VictoryParts.net. Yea, I'll just order a set as well.

ASM-LATCH, Victory item: 2633935, price each (need two) $14.40

SCR-TFTX,#6-32X5/16,ZPB,NY, Victory item: 7519233, price for each (need two) $4.80

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Extended warranty covered that? You must have a dealership that gives a $hit. My latches weren't even covered under the normal warranty or my dealership just didn't want to deal with it. Oh well I'm done with using that dealership now especially after my last experience with them.

Gives me hope that if I can find another dealer that supports my extended warranty I can get a few mechanical items fixed on my 2015 XC.
They were an original Victory Dealer, they know how to "write up the justifications",. and they have always been stand up for their customers, too bad there aren't more dealers like them. They now are a Triumph dealership.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
They were an original Victory Dealer, they know how to "write up the justifications",. and they have always been stand up for their customers, too bad there aren't more dealers like them. They now are a Triumph dealership.
Mine was an original one as well, and made custom parts for them. I used to never have a problem with them covering warranty work, but it just seems like they have been going down hill. My last experience with them wasn't the greatest. I don't like blasting them, because they used to be the only shop I trusted.

·
Registered
555 Posts
My 2015 has a bad latch. I rolled the dice and ordered a eBay pair.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I just installed a pair from ebay. The part that is attached to the lid did not have the mounting hole drilled thru, So I left the originals on. They work good. The issue is that my trunk base is deformed a little so the latches don't close as good as I'd like.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
OEM at $35.50 each, are they that much more expensive than questionable ones on eBay?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.