VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if they sell these washers with different load ratings? Also can these washers be purchased anywhere else other then Victory??

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The washers are call "Belleville" washers. You can find them from a number of sources. I have no information regarding the "K" rating of the spring force that you need.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
where is information so others that come here can find the washers and spring
The Belleville washer is a spring; it's termed a disc spring. The "K" value is determined by how much force it takes to displace the spring; usually given in Lbs./In. or Nt/m . I have no idea where you could find the "K" values required for the torque compensator used in our motors. I'm just a mechanical engineer passing on a little knowledge; no experience with the torque compensator to share.

Reactions: Trout and tree1979

·
Registered
94 Posts
A while ago, i measured a set of Bellevilles from a vic motor the shop up the road had apart. I am a machinist so i made good measurements, OD, ID, thicknes and crown. I then started searching for those sizes. I spent quite a while and was unable to find the required sizes. Do i still remember the size? .. no. I did have a pm with another member here and maybe i told him. I will check my pm's maybe it is still there...

Edit:
The member was
robsvision

He may have some extras lying around he could measure.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Okay spring measurement.
W 86mm
Id 44mm
Thickness .90mm
Cup 2.49mm
That is the size of the 2 update washers
Part number 7043638
I still need to measure thickness of dominate washer stack but I would assume all same measurement but thickness would be 2.5mm will.
I did find some that closely match these specs and they have different thickness also.
Disc Springs - Schnorr

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I will caution everyone; Belleville washers of the same dimensions may actually have different "K" factors. For them to have the exact "K" factor as the originals, it would require them to be made of a material that has the exact same yield strength and modulus of elasticity; that's a large roll of the dice. You really need to purchase disc springs with the same "K" factor as the original and of roughly the same dimensions.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The few Belleville dealers shows there specific size and Load ratings. What is the difference with K and Load ratings?
They may be one in the same; if it is expressed in lbs./in. or Nt./m, then it is the "K" factor. If it's units of measure are only lbs. or Nt., then it is quite likely a max. load capacity.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't think this needs to be to complicated. If TC rattles at idle springs need to be snugged up either shim or possibly tighten bolt. TC rattle at high rpm this tells me springs maxing out and are weak. So I am going to find disc springs that have a higher compression strength for my application. I also hate the slop at low rpm and I feel a tighter and stronger spring might clean that up. But until I actually hold it in my hand it is just speculation, but I am up for the challenge. If anyone has thought, ideas or what ever let's keep chatting about it.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.