VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new hammer but I need something to put some stuff in for the road-trips. I don't really care for the saddle-bags on the hammer so I'm looking for any other options that others may have tried and liked.

Thanks,
~Bill

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have used the Iron Rider main bag from Dowco. Is completely waterproof in a 336 mile downpour. Holds alot of stuff and has expandable ends should the need arise. Fastens securely with plastic quick release tabs and when carrying the bag into a motel at the end of a days ride has a luggage strap. I am impressed with the quality of construction and ease of mounting to a motorcycle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BMC55 said:
I have used the Iron Rider main bag from Dowco. Is completely waterproof in a 336 mile downpour. Holds alot of stuff and has expandable ends should the need arise. Fastens securely with plastic quick release tabs and when carrying the bag into a motel at the end of a days ride has a luggage strap. I am impressed with the quality of construction and ease of mounting to a motorcycle.
Any pics of it on the bike?

~B

·
Registered
917 Posts
If you're riding solo, Kuryakyn Gran Tour bag. It also has a mounting option that goes under the passenger seat which doesn't require a passenger backrest. I can easily get a few days worth of stuff in it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is not much in term of parts available for the hammer. There is a sissy bar and rack on e-bay that other have posted. I didn't like it much and saw one on a Jackpot. I created my own version with help of friends. Took a bit of time and having to send the bracket to get chromed. I am not good with pics on the posts but posted the pics of the setup I have for Sturgis on my page. Just got it all together today. Good luck. Not much after market for the Hammer.

·
Registered
399 Posts

Q:Not enough room for my stuff on trip.
A:Make shorter trips or take less stuff.
All that extra crap weighs yer bike down, makes the ride more treacherous and is just more crap to watch and keep dry and safe, etc...
I'd try wearing cheap stuff (except for protective gear). When shirt/drawers/socks get dirty, buy new cheap stuff and burn/throw away the old. You'll always have new stuff and keep your load light. The money you save on gas and doing laundry will pay for the cheap new duds.
Remember, this is free advice and ya get what ya pay for...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.