VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cruise Control will no longer shut off when I roll the throttle forward (closed).
I put the system through a diagnostic test tonight and found out that the "Throttle Safety Switch" is not responding. I also know that there are two wires going to the switch, a red with white stripe and a pink. I removed both cheese wedges, the center console and the seat looking for either the wires or something that is in the throttle body area that could represent this switch. I even looked down at the CC motor. Nadda!

the bike is still under warranty, but the dealer is 3 hrs away, I'm hoping to find a loose connector as I did on the HID lamp switch.

Help!!!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well that was it alright, both connectors had come off. I had the problem before I swapped handlebars, so they must have done it on their own accord as it was with my HID rocker switch connector.
Possibly another job for VELCRO!!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
You guys have to have a reason to meet for coffee?? How about lets go riding, ill meet ya for coffee? I know a little place 150 miles away that has a great cup!

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Meeting for a coffee does turn into a major event due to the distances between us, 1 to 3 hr ride one way. Generaly we just ask who's coming in for service? Then we meet for coffee. I have met some great guys here on this site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.