VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am honor sworn to declare they got used today. Long hot ride, 91F, heat index near 100F. Got home, mentally zapped from the ride (lower deflectors arrive Tuesday). Anyway, put the stand down, turned off bike, got off bike. Opened garage door, returned to bike but did not straddle it. Went to push the bike into the garage, kick stand got tripped, lost my balance,...I just dont really remember what happened.
TipOvers work!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Yep they do work !!. I was backing mine into the carport in a little to much of a hurry (rocking too much) and my foot slipped out, It went down onto the TO's and I just stepped off. Welcome to the club ;).

Reactions: quack4du

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Well you got that outta the way.

Reactions: quack4du

·
Super Moderator
26,110 Posts
What ya think when picking it up?

Pretty light for such a heavy bike, no?

·
Super Moderator
26,110 Posts
Yep. Out of habit I backed up to it, lifted with legs. Up she goes!
Yep, they're awesome. I've picked it up facing the bike a few times just because I can. It's like a party trick and can get some looks.

Once I dropped my downtown going to court. People came rushing over but I calmly stepped off and picked it up in slacks and a tie. One of the guys rushing over had the craziest look on his face like I performed a miracle.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Had that happen on my magnum I thought I put the kickstand down but the sound was it returning to the up position, Leaning it and getting off the bike I did not expected to continue to fall....I was pleasantly surprised to know no damage and I was able to return it back up right without any help.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yep, they're awesome. I've picked it up facing the bike a few times just because I can. It's like a party trick and can get some looks.

Once I dropped my downtown going to court. People came rushing over but I calmly stepped off and picked it up in slacks and a tie. One of the guys rushing over had the craziest look on his face like I performed a miracle.
One of my best friends suggested I just park it on the tips - I've actually considered it. I had told him about them and sent him youtube vids after I got the bike, so the first time I got to show him the bike I just stepped off and let it fall on them -- he laughed his ass off and told me I need to do that at every bike ride/show forever.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well the important thing is you are fine and they work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.